Texas Fishing Forum

"To paint, or not to repaint...THAT is the question "

Posted By: Rocket Surgeon

"To paint, or not to repaint...THAT is the question " - 08/14/16 06:20 PM

So I have painted this crank bait in a crawfish pattern. Just something I came up with off the top of my head, but not vastly different from anyone else's. Anyway, I like the way it looks, except I think maybe I could've done better ...especially in how far down the shell goes on the body. The problem is that I think that the paint is good enough that it's worth saving, but bad enough that it's worth redoing! I have not clear coated it yet, so it would be easy enough to strip the paint off of it.

What say you, members of the Texas bass fishing forum? Should I repaint it, or should I clearcoat it and call it done?

Posted By: basscat dad

Re: "To paint, or not to repaint...THAT is the question " - 08/14/16 07:24 PM

clear coat it and move on. i'd do another one with the changes you mentioned but definitely keep the original. nice look btw.
Posted By: Rocket Surgeon

Re: "To paint, or not to repaint...THAT is the question " - 08/14/16 07:38 PM

Originally Posted By: basscat dad
clear coat it and move on. i'd do another one with the changes you mentioned but definitely keep the original. nice look btw.

I had the full intention of reprinting it this morning, but when I went to look at it I thought the same thing as you. I'll probably do what you suggested.

Thanks.
smile
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum