Texas Fishing Forum

good learning source?

Posted By: **TheLoneRanger**

good learning source? - 06/19/16 02:51 AM

What is a good source to learn the techniques of injecting your own soft plastics? I have not bought anything as of yet but I'm getting close... I guess more so I want to know about the oils, softners, hardners, and the scents. Do you add these to your plastics mix like you do your color? (softner/hardners yes I know you do) I mean the oils and the scents... Is it personal preference? I just want to start this for my own use. just something to do on rainy days... I don't watch much tv...lol.. Thank you all in advance.
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: good learning source? - 06/19/16 03:21 AM

If you are ever in the Longview are I could show you what I know. I have made plenty of mistakes, but seem to have a pretty good grasp on it now.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: good learning source? - 06/19/16 03:28 AM

Google, Youtube and www.tackleunderground.com have helped me a ton. So has the lure making section of www.bassboatcentral.com is a great resource too.
Posted By: **TheLoneRanger**

Re: good learning source? - 06/19/16 05:02 AM

Thanks guys! I've been you tubing and all that.. No body really talks about adding a softener or anything.. Guess not many people do? Should I even worry about all that right now?
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: good learning source? - 06/19/16 02:17 PM

Originally Posted By: **TheLoneRanger**
Thanks guys! I've been you tubing and all that.. No body really talks about adding a softener or anything.. Guess not many people do? Should I even worry about all that right now?

Depending on what supplier you use they may have a blend that fits your needs. I don't fool with any additives or heat stabilizer at all but its personal preference. I am no expert though I just know what works for me and what I like. Your results may vary. In a lot of cases a regular or medium blend can work on many soft plastics.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum