Texas Fishing Forum

Have you ever seen an Oldham Cantaloupe spinnerbait?

Posted By: grout-scout

Have you ever seen an Oldham Cantaloupe spinnerbait? - 04/05/16 03:19 AM

If you have seen them and know how to make them please let me know. Mr. Oldham no longer makes them and I'd really like to try one.
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Have you ever seen an Oldham Cantaloupe spinnerbait? - 04/05/16 01:10 PM

I can make them; but it will be a knock off. I don't have the screw lock mold. I may have a few of Terry's spinners with the screw lock for the trailer. These were bad about the lead head and wire separating. I am sitting here looking at two that I have retired because the lead head is wobbling on the wire at the nose of the bait. I prefer the Stanley Pro Trailer and the screw is not necessary. You want like the price at $15 per bait.

- Got to have a better picture for blade color and glitter than the one posted on the Bass Fishing section to match it up.
- The head, paint, glitter, Blades, and living rubber skirt to match is no problem. Just want the colors to be exact for you. Better picture required.

Re: Have you ever seen an Oldham Cantaloupe spinnerbait? - 04/05/16 04:04 PM

That's the problem I'm having Mr. Harper, finding one. They were made too long ago, heck I can't even find a skirt that color (I have not scoured every inch of the Internet for the skirt color yet; but I've come close).

Re: Have you ever seen an Oldham Cantaloupe spinnerbait? - 04/05/16 05:33 PM

I can dye the white skirt material that color. It is living rubber so it will hold it's color. It looks like the head and blades are antique gold/painted high gloss with/green/gold glitter. This is doable.

Can you put that picture up on this thread so we/with help can actually determine the color?

Re: Have you ever seen an Oldham Cantaloupe spinnerbait? - 04/05/16 05:39 PM

You will get pictures of the finished product and do not have to take it. I throw one very simular called The Elroy's Golden Boy and a Mustard Bladed bait which is posted below Mustad All The Way.
Posted By: swalker9513

Re: Have you ever seen an Oldham Cantaloupe spinnerbait? - 04/05/16 08:01 PM

Mr. Harper, I really hate spinnerbaits, but yours look so good. I may have to buy a couple and fish with them. I know they are good to have, but I give up on them pretty quickly. So, if a man wanted to order a couple, but doesn't know where to start, what color/size would you recommend. I know I don't want a big heavy one. I wouldn't throw it.

Re: Have you ever seen an Oldham Cantaloupe spinnerbait? - 04/06/16 01:16 AM

PM. Sent. to swalker9513

Re: Have you ever seen an Oldham Cantaloupe spinnerbait? - 04/06/16 02:01 AM

The first 2 pics are images that I tried to enhance to show the colors better. The last pic is the original from the bass fishing page. I can't tell if the blades are brown with glitter or exactly what color they are. I know the skirt is kinda orange/yellow with a few red strands; but I think we can live without the red or I can hand paint a few of them.

I guess give it a shot and I'll buy a few. Can you make 2 of each in the 3 different blade configurations: 2 in double Colorado, 2 in willow leaf/Colorado, & 2 in double willow. Maybe in 1/2oz.

Total of 6 @ $15 ea? $90 plus shipping??

I would also like some 1/2 oz - 3/4 oz jigs made up in this color as well. Shoot me a price and I'll see how many of them to do, might as well make it worth the trouble.

Here's how it compares to other colors.

Re: Have you ever seen an Oldham Cantaloupe spinnerbait? - 04/06/16 04:11 AM

PM. Sent: grout-scout
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum