Texas Fishing Forum

Blue Moon's Wicked Pumpkin

Posted By: Blue Moon

Blue Moon's Wicked Pumpkin - 01/26/16 12:36 AM

In my youth if a favorite lucky lure caught a tree bass I didn’t think twice about retrieving it from a beaver dam or low branch with the determination of a world class waterdog. Trouble is tree bass are often favorite sunbathing spots for Mr. Cottonmouth.

Having survived the indiscretions of my youth I’m a tad wiser and realize I’d rather paint my own favorite lure and avoid the moccasins. Sounds like a plan, now if I could just remember exactly how to paint that lucky color pattern...

Along these lines I was recently reading a post that discussed the merits of recording your favorite paint patterns. Below is an example that has served me well in a couple of different lifeforms. Hope it helps. Let me know what you think.

Blue Moon

Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

Re: Blue Moon's Wicked Pumpkin - 01/26/16 01:30 AM

Great looking bait and awesome post!
Posted By: basscat dad

Re: Blue Moon's Wicked Pumpkin - 01/26/16 02:17 AM

now that's an artistic post if ever there was one. and not a bad looking lure to boot.
Posted By: Bois d'arc

Re: Blue Moon's Wicked Pumpkin - 01/26/16 01:21 PM

Nice looking lure. Excellent photography. Really like the idea of using the actual colors to highligh the related text. Great post Moon... thumb
Posted By: invertedn04

Re: Blue Moon's Wicked Pumpkin - 01/26/16 02:14 PM

This is a great way to explain how a pattern is painted for us beginners.
Posted By: Blue Moon

Re: Blue Moon's Wicked Pumpkin - 01/28/16 08:05 PM

Originally Posted By: invertedn04
This is a great way to explain how a pattern is painted for us beginners.

Brad, BassCat & Boisarc - many thanks for your kind words and especially for the tips & tricks each of you so graciously share with the rest of the tribe. It’s always inspiring to see your creations.

@Invertedn04 w/10 posts, many thanks for taking the time to reply! I’m glad you found the method helpful.

On a personal note, I recently broke the 400 post ceiling - since 2002. I really do enjoy TFF, I’ve just been wicked busy...

Tight lines,

Blue Moon
Posted By: USA-1

Re: Blue Moon's Wicked Pumpkin - 02/01/16 03:28 AM

Wow....
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum