Texas Fishing Forum

Some custom foiled and painted swimbaits!

Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

Some custom foiled and painted swimbaits! - 01/26/16 12:01 AM

Had Phil at Getbitcustombaits.com paint me a couple swimbaits and they look amazing. Think I'll just set them on my work bench as a reminder to push myself harder to produce more realistic patterns. Thought I would share the artwork with you guys.

Posted By: Blue Moon

Re: Some custom foiled and painted swimbaits! - 01/26/16 12:30 AM

Brad - I don't think it's a good idea to keep those out on your workbench. The temp is going to hit 70 this week and those are sure to smell up your shop...

Blue Moon
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: Some custom foiled and painted swimbaits! - 01/26/16 03:40 AM

Those are a great reminder of what we should be able to produce.
Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

Re: Some custom foiled and painted swimbaits! - 01/26/16 03:52 AM

I agree, Phil does some great work and I'm happy to own some of his baits. He has helped me out a lot the last year getting the blanks I needed even when other suppliers told me the molder wouldn't make something anymore. I figured I needed to buy some of his baits and gave him control of the colors as long as they were Shad patterns. I know I need to work harder to make my baits a more realistic example of the forage species they are suppose to me examples of and I think having these baits will be a good reminder that I have a lot of improvement to make and will never perfect the craft.
Posted By: Bois d'arc

Re: Some custom foiled and painted swimbaits! - 01/26/16 01:28 PM

Very nice work...scale mesh was applied perfectly. The holograph blue back is my favorite. They look real enough to fool me. clap
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum