Texas Fishing Forum

Ouch! 1.5 fail

Posted By: Bois d'arc

Ouch! 1.5 fail - 01/22/16 02:56 PM

Working on deep 1.5 stencils lately.... trying to figure out how to make and use them properly noidea . After lots of trial and error a few stencils came together. Decided to use them to come up with another Bream looking pattern. This was the first attempt sick ...pretty depressing, huh?

Considered turning off the lights, pouring the paint out, and chucking the entire lot in the dumper...reconsidered that thought hmmm and decided to try again. Came up with these.

The stencils were all made from old milk carton plastic and cut with a burner and Xacto knife. Pretty simple stuff...draw what you want on an unpainted lure blank...put the stencil over it...trace the image on the stencil and start cutting. Lots of overlays needed to get what you want...expect a few major failures along the way. Think I'll flush_2 that first one texas
Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

Re: Ouch! 1.5 fail - 01/22/16 03:19 PM

Artwork enough said!
Posted By: Michael.Beaty

Re: Ouch! 1.5 fail - 01/22/16 03:43 PM

That's it I surrender! bow_down

Beautiful baits Boisarc

Be sure when you can the first one it's in my can so I can make sure it's done properly
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Ouch! 1.5 fail - 01/22/16 08:32 PM

the first one is OK,..that may be exactlly what the big ole bass want,..
who are you trying to catch, the fish, or the fisherman..?? ya never know..
Posted By: Blue Moon

Re: Ouch! 1.5 fail - 01/22/16 09:41 PM

Beautiful. I certainly wouldn't call the first one a failure but will give you kudos for your persistence. Art is often a prodigy of failure.

Blue Moon
Posted By: basscat dad

Re: Ouch! 1.5 fail - 01/22/16 09:42 PM

you must have posted the wrong picture or something of your fail. seriously!??! most guys would kill to have that as one of their "fails". heck i would.
you know one mans fail is another mans dream come true! just so you don't feel bad about it, i'll take the hit and use the dreadful fail so you don't have to suffer the indignation of somebody accidentally seeing it in your box. one for the team!!
Posted By: C Worthy

Re: Ouch! 1.5 fail - 01/23/16 08:02 PM

Incredible, as always.

Re: Ouch! 1.5 fail - 01/24/16 02:18 AM

Originally Posted By: basscat dad
... just so you don't feel bad about it, i'll take the hit and use the dreadful fail .... one for the team!!

take one for the team!! lol_2....seriously its the colors....was trying to get an olive green by mixing Wicked colors nuts
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Ouch! 1.5 fail - 01/24/16 08:36 PM

Very skillful.
Posted By: swalker9513

Re: Ouch! 1.5 fail - 01/26/16 05:29 PM

Is all of that going on with airbrush?

Re: Ouch! 1.5 fail - 01/27/16 12:48 PM

Originally Posted By: swalker9513
Is all of that going on with airbrush?

Yes those blanks are 100% airbrushed. I've been experimenting with home made stencils. Used them for the vertical bars and stripes...gill edges and gill tab. Prefer free handed painting but stencils make things move along faster. Occasionally I use ink for fine detail work but, its very difficult to do...at least it is for me. texas
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum