Texas Fishing Forum

New shad swimbait and a flipping bait from new molds

Posted By: Mark Perry

New shad swimbait and a flipping bait from new molds - 12/30/15 08:57 PM

Got a new injection mold today. Its a 4.5" shad tyep bait with a paddle tail. This the first bait I made with it out some leftover materail. I prefer to use open pour swimbait molds so I still need to learn this a tad batter to get what i want. Pretty happy with first one. It also has a failr deep hookslot in the belly to hold the hook and help make it more weedless. One pix it looks like tail has bubbles in it but it was some excess material I failed to wipe off my cooling pan that had made little slags. It pulled right off.

Got a little flipping bait mold as well and ran some material through it just to see how it pours as well. Pretty happy with both.

Posted By: Tom Lombardo

Re: New shad swimbait and a flipping bait from new molds - 12/30/15 09:07 PM

Your always make it happen. Looks good.

Re: New shad swimbait and a flipping bait from new molds - 01/07/16 09:27 PM

Had a chance to throw the shad a bit and it has some pretty cool action to it. Very impressed with it. Also like the way you can get a weighted hook tucked up in the belly to make it 100% weedless too. Pretty happy with the mold.
Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

Re: New shad swimbait and a flipping bait from new molds - 01/07/16 11:39 PM

I know a guy that would be happy to test some for you bud, be headed to Rayburn in a couple weeks need all the advantages I can get smile

Re: New shad swimbait and a flipping bait from new molds - 01/08/16 01:17 AM

Originally Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad
I know a guy that would be happy to test some for you bud, be headed to Rayburn in a couple weeks need all the advantages I can get smile

I will have some at the show probably. Will be at Rayburn the Saturday of the show as well

Re: New shad swimbait and a flipping bait from new molds - 01/08/16 01:26 AM

I can't wait to see these in person, I also want to see if you can get close to one of my crankbait patterns I'll give you a few cranks in that pattern if your interested it should be easy for someone as skilled as yourself thumb

Re: New shad swimbait and a flipping bait from new molds - 01/08/16 01:32 AM

Is it black or greyish on top?
Posted By: Bayou Burner

Re: New shad swimbait and a flipping bait from new molds - 01/08/16 01:37 AM

The Shad looks great Mark! PM sent.
Posted By: WCGunns

Re: New shad swimbait and a flipping bait from new molds - 01/08/16 02:08 AM

What size/brand hook and what's your price on these swimbaits?

Re: New shad swimbait and a flipping bait from new molds - 01/08/16 02:14 AM

Originally Posted By: Mark Perry
Is it black or greyish on top?

Mark its a really hard patterns to describe. I mix all the colors on this one. It's a pearl ghost base, iridescent brown from the radius up the back and shading on the back with pearl blk. It doesn't have to be exact if you could get close I would love to have some. This has been my most productive pattern for the past 6 months and bet it would be killer on a swimbait.

Re: New shad swimbait and a flipping bait from new molds - 01/08/16 02:16 AM

Re: New shad swimbait and a flipping bait from new molds - 01/08/16 02:16 AM

Not sure if that pic help or not
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum