Texas Fishing Forum

Hello ! (And some crankbait pics)

Posted By: Rocket Surgeon

Hello ! (And some crankbait pics) - 11/20/15 01:10 AM

Hi there .... Great forum you guys have !!!! I've been looking around, and there's a ton of inspiration to be found !

I decided to try my hand at painting crankbaits a few weeks back, and so far I'm having a blast ! Anyway, I would love some criticism and tips on how I can improve my painting skills. Below are some that I've painted... I welcome criticism, good or bad... It'll only help me get better !

Thanks !!! smile

Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Hello ! (And some crankbait pics) - 11/20/15 01:14 AM

the third one down is a beauty.. fish

Re: Hello ! (And some crankbait pics) - 11/20/15 01:20 AM

Originally Posted By: JIM SR.
the third one down is a beauty.. fish

Thanks ! That's my first try at a bluegill 😀
Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

Re: Hello ! (And some crankbait pics) - 11/20/15 01:33 AM

Great paint jobs the gill and red craw are very nice. Thank you for sharing

Re: Hello ! (And some crankbait pics) - 11/20/15 01:52 AM

Originally Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad
Great paint jobs the gill and red craw are very nice. Thank you for sharing

Thanks. That's my first shot at a red craw. I used a curved handled comb for the "stencil". I made the belly orange, though in hindsight it's probably unnecessary.
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: Hello ! (And some crankbait pics) - 11/20/15 02:56 AM

The third one down is my favorite as well. The first bass isn't bad, but you need to carry the splotches further down and just let them decrease as you go lower on the body. At least that's how I do mine. Let me know if you're interested and I can PM you a pic of the ones I've done.

Re: Hello ! (And some crankbait pics) - 11/20/15 03:04 AM

Originally Posted By: Txmedic033
The third one down is my favorite as well. The first bass isn't bad, but you need to carry the splotches further down and just let them decrease as you go lower on the body. At least that's how I do mine. Let me know if you're interested and I can PM you a pic of the ones I've done.

As weird as it is , I was doing a crappie but it came out more green than I hoped .... Kind of a "crapbass" !!!

Ha !!!

I'd love to see pics of your bass pattern cranks !
Posted By: Bois d'arc

Re: Hello ! (And some crankbait pics) - 11/21/15 05:17 PM

Nice work...particularly the Bream...good bright colors...thinkin' it would be great in off color water. Crappie patterns are pretty much particular to the body of water they're in. Some more yellowish, some silvery, some have a blueish green look. Also, huge differences between white and black crappie. Great looking craw,too thumb

Re: Hello ! (And some crankbait pics) - 11/23/15 02:44 AM

Originally Posted By: boisarc
Nice work...particularly the Bream...good bright colors...thinkin' it would be great in off color water. Crappie patterns are pretty much particular to the body of water they're in. Some more yellowish, some silvery, some have a blueish green look. Also, huge differences between white and black crappie. Great looking craw,too thumb

Thanks so much for the kind words ... Means a lot, as I really dig your work !
Posted By: Viking172

Re: Hello ! (And some crankbait pics) - 12/27/15 03:46 AM

Those look really good
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum