Texas Fishing Forum

Chartreuse blk back

Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

Chartreuse blk back - 11/10/15 08:12 AM

Had issues with this dang things all weekend I forgot how big a pita the yellow was trying to dip with ac1315 finally got it to work tonight on the 3rd set of baits. Customer also left the option for the 2.5 open to whatever I wanted to do so I stuck the the char. Blk theme he had going and did a splatterback instead of scale mask.

Posted By: Slide_R

Re: Chartreuse blk back - 11/10/15 01:56 PM

Really like the splatterback design Brad just add a lateral line and kill dot and that would be perfect.
Posted By: Michael.Beaty

Re: Chartreuse blk back - 11/10/15 02:04 PM

Looks good
Posted By: Bois d'arc

Re: Chartreuse blk back - 11/10/15 02:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Slide_R
Really like the splatterback design Brad just add a lateral line and kill dot and that would be perfect.

It's a nice effect as it is ... thinkin' a straight black lateral line and kill dot would be icing on the cake thumb

Re: Chartreuse blk back - 11/10/15 05:35 PM

I think that might be too much that's why I stopped where I did

Re: Chartreuse blk back - 11/10/15 05:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

Its perfect like it is...just spitballing...offering up suggestions. Your splatterbacks are a thing of beauty...you've got it down to a science.

Re: Chartreuse blk back - 11/10/15 06:00 PM

Funny you guys say that because it's probably the easiest effect to do I would to that all day instead to fades or scale mask if I could
Posted By: cephusjoe

Re: Chartreuse blk back - 11/11/15 06:17 AM

Looks great can't wait to try them out!

Re: Chartreuse blk back - 11/11/15 01:53 PM

Originally Posted By: boisarc
Originally Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

Its perfect like it is...just spitballing...offering up suggestions. Your splatterbacks are a thing of beauty...you've got it down to a science.

Black and Chartreuse has probably caught more bass than any color combo. Here's an idea...Pearl Black over Chartreuse...fade the pearl Black to Pearl Copper over the head, nose and upper gill plates on this pattern.
Posted By: Resh

Re: Chartreuse blk back - 11/18/15 12:31 AM

Hey I think all of your guys' baits look fantastic by the way. Quick question: what is the point of the splatterback? Is it just a different finish you like to do or does it functionally serve a purpose?

Re: Chartreuse blk back - 11/18/15 12:44 AM

I have had very good success with the splatterback shad I do after the turnover and with a silent in highly fished areas I think it just because it's slightly different than most of the baits being thrown.
Posted By: Resh

Re: Chartreuse blk back - 11/18/15 04:19 AM

Makes sense, thanks thumb
Posted By: cephusjoe

Re: Chartreuse blk back - 11/30/15 04:57 AM

You put them in the mail yet? I've been gone a week in Oklahoma. Your mailbox is full?
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Chartreuse blk back - 11/30/15 05:20 PM

Those look like a '69 Chevelle SS I had, Black vinyl top over yellow body with black racing stripes... fish
Posted By: johnathonmharding

Re: Chartreuse blk back - 11/30/15 06:16 PM

Is that folkart neon yellow paint?

Re: Chartreuse blk back - 12/01/15 12:11 AM

Originally Posted By: johnathonmharding
Is that folkart neon yellow paint?

Good eye the brighter ones are the other 2 are based in the same color and then I went over them with createx transparent yellow because it's a little darker shade of yellow.
Posted By: johnathonmharding

Re: Chartreuse blk back - 12/01/15 01:26 AM

Is there a trick to sprayn that neon i got the neon yellow ive tried to spray eaither thin to much and sprays to runny or to thick and not at all

Re: Chartreuse blk back - 12/01/15 01:43 AM

I reduce all the folkart paint the same way 40:60 it's a little thicker than createx and required a little more reducer. Also with this color it requires more coats to get even coverage. Probably 5 or 6 coats heat setting between each coat.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum