Texas Fishing Forum

large holo top water

Posted By: basscat dad

large holo top water - 10/03/15 09:18 PM

put these together yesterday to paint up some big boys for that fall top water bite. these are a little over 5" long. i may have infringed on brad's pattern but i hope not. tops and bottoms are shot in metallic white pearl and the back is deepened with detail sepia. sides are misted with iridescent violet after wiping the holo foil with denatured alcohol to remove overspray. racooning around the eyes is pavement gray and kill dot is trans black put on with a sponge. devcon 2 ton epoxy clear coat.
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: large holo top water - 10/04/15 01:39 AM

Absolutely gorgeous work. I don't think you're infringing on Brad's pattern. At the rate he is producing new patterns, there will be nothing original to paint in the very near future.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: large holo top water - 10/04/15 02:58 AM

lizard thumb
Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

Re: large holo top water - 10/04/15 05:33 AM

No blue or pink in yours! Good job buddy

Here is my brown back with scale mask wish I had a compressor and could have painted I felt like a cheater the last couple days had to go buy some baits from the store frown

Posted By: basscat dad

Re: large holo top water - 10/04/15 10:39 PM

what did you buy from the store? i've got tons of finished baits you could have picked from instead of betraying the trust. lol
glad these don't mimic your pattern too closely. i'm doing some now that have a little iridescent yellow thrown in.
Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

Re: large holo top water - 10/04/15 11:06 PM

Wouldn't matter to me bcd you should have been tossing the holographic green 110 today on texoma though smile
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum