Texas Fishing Forum

"sour grape 2"

Posted By: basscat dad

"sour grape 2" - 09/21/15 05:58 PM

tried a little different technique on this version and used blanks from a another supplier who had a different holographic pattern. had some suggestions to show more of the yellow highlight on the flanks of the bait...soooo...here they are. all have the same holographic pattern but the jerk bait show it the best in the pics.
2.5 square bill

1.5 square bill

Posted By: C Worthy

Re: "sour grape 2" - 09/21/15 06:35 PM

Rick, those be "BAD TO THE BONE" Bro. Very nice job.

Re: "sour grape 2" - 09/21/15 07:17 PM

thanks "cw". by the way, we wore them out on those chatterbaits at ray roberts yesterday morning. it was great fun. we've got a tournament this weekend and that's probably all we're gonna throw when the top water bite goes away.
Posted By: jwfflipper

Re: "sour grape 2" - 09/21/15 09:51 PM

Looks good!!
Posted By: C Worthy

Re: "sour grape 2" - 09/22/15 01:18 AM

Originally Posted By: basscat dad
thanks "cw". by the way, we wore them out on those chatterbaits at ray roberts yesterday morning. it was great fun. we've got a tournament this weekend and that's probably all we're gonna throw when the top water bite goes away.

Never lost a bait either did you smile I love those baits. I have started making my own in-line spinners again. Just can't find what I want and when I do, I am too cheap to pay the price. LOL

Re: "sour grape 2" - 09/22/15 01:35 AM

wow i haven't thrown an in-line spinner in a long time. first bass i ever caught was on an in-line. got a box of them around here somewhere. post some pics when you get some made.
and no we didn't loose any. we tried though. threw them in some hairy stuff and got them hung up a few times but always managed to get them back.
Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

Re: "sour grape 2" - 09/22/15 01:41 AM

Those look very nice bc, I'm still liking the 1st one better, but that just a personal preference of the foil.

Re: "sour grape 2" - 09/22/15 03:42 AM

yeah the foils are definitely different. not sure i prefer one over the other at this point. i want to see them both in the water.
Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

Re: "sour grape 2" - 09/22/15 07:45 AM

As fast as the crankbaits are going by a fish I really doubt one foil will be better than the others all the fish will see is the flash and the colors. Regardless of the foil they both look really good and should be very productive this fall.
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: "sour grape 2" - 09/23/15 12:59 PM

Those look awesome! I'm a big fan of purple back shad baits.
Posted By: cephusjoe

Re: "sour grape 2" - 09/24/15 06:14 AM

You guys do some great work in here!

Re: "sour grape 2" - 09/24/15 11:29 AM

thank you sir.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum