Texas Fishing Forum

Holographic threadfin version 1

Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

Holographic threadfin version 1 - 09/12/15 07:30 AM

Have lots of room for improvement on this pattern, it was a messed up bait to start with though the foil was all torn, so figured it was a good one to try on. I think it's fishable, but still need to work on the colors on the back. After I painted the whole bait I went over it with pearl white and heat set the paint then took a damp piece of 1500 sand paper and removed paint from different areas. I had the idea in mind just to let the holographic foil show through more in certain areas.

Posted By: basscat dad

Re: Holographic threadfin version 1 - 09/12/15 01:54 PM

here's a tip...actually a q-tip for removing paint in certain areas. i've found that if a wet a q-tip and gently rub/ scrub it over the area where i have overspray or want to remove some paint it works great. i've used it to remove too much overspray on holographic blanks to clean up the foil with great results.
be careful if you're working on a painted area. a little to much rubbing and you'll go right through all the paint layers. you can use denatured alcohol too but it can be too strong sometimes.
Posted By: Bois d'arc

Re: Holographic threadfin version 1 - 09/13/15 03:10 PM

Like the colors across the nose and upper back...looks great.
Posted By: B.Hollingshead

Re: Holographic threadfin version 1 - 09/14/15 12:03 PM

All I need is a "$" amount and add those to my order.
Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

Re: Holographic threadfin version 1 - 09/14/15 12:39 PM

You keep adding to your order and I'll never be finished.

This will be part of the line up soon. I just need to do a little tweaking on it. I'm happy to hear you like it though. I should have it alot closer to the real thing on version 2, whenever I have time to paint something for myself again. I'm setting at like 92 baits behind at the moment. Yikes
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum