Texas Fishing Forum

Cracked Citrus, the fish want to taste the rainbow!

Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

Cracked Citrus, the fish want to taste the rainbow! - 09/11/15 04:42 PM

I had another wild idea, I think it worked out.

Posted By: the skipper

Re: Cracked Citrus, the fish want to taste the rainbow! - 09/11/15 09:01 PM

Very nice. Maybe a hint of green on the top of the back would be cool. You really have a natural talent for this painting.

Re: Cracked Citrus, the fish want to taste the rainbow! - 09/11/15 10:46 PM

It actually is a fade from yellow, to green, to turquoise, then the darker blue back. It doesn't show up really well in the pics sprayed over the holographic foil. I might need to spray a little white in that area on the next batch to really make the fade more noticeable.
Posted By: C Worthy

Re: Cracked Citrus, the fish want to taste the rainbow! - 09/12/15 12:40 AM

Brad, to say that you have got the hang of this would be a little bit of an understatement. Great work.

Re: Cracked Citrus, the fish want to taste the rainbow! - 09/12/15 06:13 AM

Thanks guys I have had some really fun requests lately and am having a blast painting the baits. Now if I can figure out how to put about 8 more hours into a day I could really get productive. Need to finish all the orders I have pending and then I can upgrade some equipment and paint with a real airbrush.
Posted By: basscat dad

Re: Cracked Citrus, the fish want to taste the rainbow! - 09/12/15 01:42 PM

i don't know if i'd upgrade anything with the work your current equipment is turning out. don't want to mess up the karma.
Posted By: Bois d'arc

Re: Cracked Citrus, the fish want to taste the rainbow! - 09/13/15 03:06 PM

This imho,

is a fantastic pattern right down to the silver eyes. thumb

Assuming you did this with a stencil...your stencil work is awesome...its cut perfectly.

Re: Cracked Citrus, the fish want to taste the rainbow! - 09/14/15 01:58 AM

Yes sir it is a stencil, it was tough to get the white coverage over the holographic foil without bleed through. Also wasn't thinking and based both sides in opaque white, then decided to put a coat of pearl so I had to put the stencil back on. I was really worried I didn't have the stencil on good and the lines would not be sharp. It worked out luckily because it was the last blank I had to complete the order. I'm going to start painting some of these for myself when my next shipment shows up.
Posted By: cephusjoe

Re: Cracked Citrus, the fish want to taste the rainbow! - 09/16/15 06:10 AM

Looks great! I may hit you up next spring when going to broken bow for some walleye fishing. Some type of fire tiger kills em"

Re: Cracked Citrus, the fish want to taste the rainbow! - 09/16/15 10:12 AM

Had a order come in for a transparent firetiger over holographic foil. Should be a sweet bait if I can keep the paint light enough to have the holographic foil show through. I'll be spraying it this weekend as soon as I get to that order. I'll make sure and post pics of it when I get done.
Posted By: Bois d'arc

Re: Cracked Citrus, the fish want to taste the rainbow! - 09/17/15 02:52 AM

Originally Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad
... transparent firetiger over holographic foil. Should be a sweet bait if I can keep the paint light enough to have the holographic foil show through....

I did a Firetiger bait for CWorthy last winter...was a good challenge and came out great. Firetiger over holographic foil sounds like a great pattern. Looking forward to seeing your work. Good luck...not that you need it, but you know what I'm sayin'

Re: Cracked Citrus, the fish want to taste the rainbow! - 09/17/15 03:31 AM

If I can lay it down like I'm seeing it in my head it will be a sweet bait, but still have to lay it down.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum