Texas Fishing Forum

Ghost splatterback baits from tonight

Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

Ghost splatterback baits from tonight - 09/08/15 06:28 AM

Did several different baits in ghost splatterback tonight.

Posted By: Bois d'arc

Re: Ghost splatterback baits from tonight - 09/10/15 12:29 PM

Nice pattern...really like this one on the rattle bait.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Ghost splatterback baits from tonight - 11/05/15 02:14 AM

I got a clown and a ghost splatterback jerkbait from Brad. That ghost splatterback pattern is a winner for sure.

Thanks again Brad for the jerkbaits; they are sweet.
I threw these on 20lb braid mainline to 10lb Seaguar Red Label fluoro.
Nice side to side hunting/darting and 90-120 degree turns; really nice body roll and nose down on pauses.
I threw these unmodified, and they slowly rise with the braid mainline on the pause. Will update with a straight fluoro video or suspend dot with the braid.

Re: Ghost splatterback baits from tonight - 11/05/15 02:16 AM

Thanks for posting bud I'll get you some with a heavier ring and hook combination to offset the floating braid.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Ghost splatterback baits from tonight - 11/05/15 02:17 PM

15lb fluoro with a suspend dot just in front of front treble. Personally, this is exactly how I like jerkbaits--slow, slow, slow rise on the pause.

I think 10lb fluoro with one or two dots (the standard Storm dots) depending on personal buoyancy preference. (Some like slowly rising/some prefer slowly sinking depending on water temp/other factors) All lures are more buoyant as the water temperature drops (the water becomes more dense)

If you try two dots (one dot just in front and one dot just behind the front treble)
Posted By: invertedn04

Re: Ghost splatterback baits from tonight - 01/19/16 03:42 AM

What type of silver paint do you use on those? I'm looking for a shiny silver paint.

Re: Ghost splatterback baits from tonight - 01/19/16 09:55 AM

Either wiked silver or folkart sterling silver should work for you bud. This is a mixture I make out of a few colors but the main color is sterling silver
Posted By: invertedn04

Re: Ghost splatterback baits from tonight - 01/19/16 02:02 PM

Thanks
Posted By: Bois d'arc

Re: Ghost splatterback baits from tonight - 01/19/16 03:31 PM

Nice video Cctx thumb , and great work Brad. Those jerkbaits just beg to get bit.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum