Texas Fishing Forum

Homemade Balsa Wooden lure PART 1 - The Attila Fat Minnow "S"

Posted By: JoseAnt

Homemade Balsa Wooden lure PART 1 - The Attila Fat Minnow "S" - 08/15/15 02:04 PM

Hello Texas Anglers friends

Some time ago I posted this video in the General Forum but a received a recommendation to do it in this one.

Let me give you a quick brief about this first video. This time I want to share my last How To Do video where I did the Prototype of my last homemade lures.

I invite you to see my Attila Fat Minnow “S” …. “S” because it has a sinking action… It is a lure made from Balsa wood and I thought to designed it with the purpose for spinning fishing from salt and freshwater shore.

Actually this introduction counts with two videos. Part 1 contains a quick summary of main steps that I followed to do the wooden body. The materials and tools that I use are:
Materials:
- 4mm x 20mm x 120mm Balsa wood
- 1mm diameter x 210mm Stainless Steel wire
- 2.5mm x 30mm Diameter Lead wire
- Epoxy Resine
- Super Glue
- Wood Cement
- ¼” Balls bearing (stainless)
- 5mm Strong Magnet
- 60mm Strip Aluminium (made from soda cans)
- 2mm Transparent Polycarbonate for lips

I hope you like this video, thank you for watching and please give me your comments. Also,whoever wants please give me a LIKE after watching the video.

Have a safe fishing…

Here is the Youtube link to see Part 1:

Posted By: NekidTackle

Re: Homemade Balsa Wooden lure PART 1 - The Attila Fat Minnow "S" - 08/15/15 02:54 PM

Wow!!
amazing, dude you have skills!
Totally enjoyed the video
Posted By: Bois d'arc

Re: Homemade Balsa Wooden lure PART 1 - The Attila Fat Minnow "S" - 08/16/15 11:47 AM

Great instructional video from JA. Its clear he's put a lot of time into building lures from scratch. thumb

Re: Homemade Balsa Wooden lure PART 1 - The Attila Fat Minnow "S" - 08/21/15 07:09 PM

Hey Boisarc and NekidTackle

Thanks a lot for your comments... I really enjoyed a lot doing my own Flies, Spoonflies, Jigs, and now my Minnow lures... It is fun. Definitively they take time to do, but once you catch a fish with your own made lure, all the effort is paid... smile

Now I am working painting my wooden plugs, I will post another video soon.
On the other hand, I am designing the Attila Fat Minnow version 2.... It will be longer (6.5"), a little thinner and will have three trebel hooks ... but first i have to do many tests and tries...

Have a Safe fishing, Antonio
Posted By: OnEm247

Re: Homemade Balsa Wooden lure PART 1 - The Attila Fat Minnow "S" - 08/21/15 08:10 PM

Awesome Job!

Re: Homemade Balsa Wooden lure PART 1 - The Attila Fat Minnow "S" - 10/15/15 03:42 AM

Originally Posted By: OnEm247
Awesome Job!

Hello OnEm247 .... thanks for your words...I invite you to see my last video in my Youtube Channel...I was contnuing working my homemade balsa lures...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum