Texas Fishing Forum

citrus shad

Posted By: Michael.Beaty

citrus shad - 08/02/15 02:47 AM

First attempt think i shoulda used more pearl white on the sides. Thoughts?

Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: citrus shad - 08/02/15 03:29 AM

Use the back side of a drill bit dipped in paint for your kill dots. They will be perfect every time.
Posted By: COWBOYSFAN008

Re: citrus shad - 08/02/15 01:49 PM

spro
Posted By: Bois d'arc

Re: citrus shad - 08/02/15 02:58 PM

Good colors MB, very nice. Drill bit kill dots are great. Here's an alternative. Take a piece of painters tape and wrap it over the back of the bait letting it extend down both sides. Use a marker to put dots on both sides where you want the kill dots then use a hole punch to make holes in the tape for the dots. Be sure to mark dead center (the seam) of the blank to help keep the kill dots aligned on every blank. If the tape is too sticky press it of your shirt or jeans to remove some of the glue. Its a fast way to get kill dots aligned and painted....works every time. Hope this helps. texas
Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

Re: citrus shad - 08/03/15 05:44 AM

Look almost like a cross between chartreuse blue back and citrus shad. My 2 favorite colors.

Re: citrus shad - 08/03/15 12:13 PM

Thanks for the advice guys i like the free hand shad dots over spray looks more natural to me
Posted By: Bois d'arc

Re: citrus shad - 08/08/15 04:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Michael.Beaty
... i like the free hand shad dots over spray looks more natural to me

Cut a bigger dot out of paper or playing card and hold it back from the blank and lightly spray thru the hole. Then take the tip guard off your airbrush and hold the brush close to the dot you just made. Lightly mist a kill dot dead center of the bigger dot...done right you get a big dot with soft edges and a smaller harder edged dot in the center...very cool effect. 2cents

Re: citrus shad - 08/08/15 07:46 PM

Originally Posted By: boisarc
Originally Posted By: Michael.Beaty
... i like the free hand shad dots over spray looks more natural to me

Cut a bigger dot out of paper or playing card and hold it back from the blank and lightly spray thru the hole. Then take the tip guard off your airbrush and hold the brush close to the dot you just made. Lightly mist a kill dot dead center of the bigger dot...done right you get a big dot with soft edges and a smaller harder edged dot in the center...very cool effect. 2cents

awesome ill try it
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum