Texas Fishing Forum

Burnet Couty Park Lake Buchanan

Posted By: Texasdeepv

Burnet Couty Park Lake Buchanan - 10/11/17 11:05 PM

I asked this in another thread but thought maybe someone here would know. Is there lots of room on the weekends to park my truck and trailer at Burnet county park? Thinking of heading that way Saturday for some striper fishing. Also... how is the striper fishing there lately? Any tips you want to share? Thanks.
Posted By: boocat

Re: Burnet Couty Park Lake Buchanan - 10/11/17 11:58 PM

Might try a google satellite image?
Posted By: BrandoA

Re: Burnet Couty Park Lake Buchanan - 10/12/17 12:39 AM

Parking should be good but I would forget about BC and put in at Big Chief ( yes they charge $ 10 but you stuff is safe) or llano county. Stripers/ hybrids are on the lower end now and should be dropping cannon balls any day

Re: Burnet Couty Park Lake Buchanan - 10/12/17 12:48 AM

Originally Posted By: BrandoA
Parking should be good but I would forget about BC and put in at Big Chief ( yes they charge $ 10 but you stuff is safe) or llano county. Stripers/ hybrids are on the lower end now and should be dropping cannon balls any day

I was hoping to drop a pair of the side this weekend. thanks

Re: Burnet Couty Park Lake Buchanan - 10/12/17 02:36 AM

Originally Posted By: Texasdeepv

When I said cannon balls I meant they should start blowing up the top. If you have a radio and you hear the guides start talking about seeing cannon balls or snow storms they have fish blowing up on top or birds attacking the surface.

Re: Burnet Couty Park Lake Buchanan - 10/12/17 02:39 AM

I won't give out the radio frequency but putting it on scan wouldn't be a bad idea.

Re: Burnet Couty Park Lake Buchanan - 10/12/17 02:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Texasdeepv

When I said cannon balls I meant they should start blowing up the top. If you have a radio and you hear the guides start talking about seeing cannon balls or snow storms they have fish blowing up on top or birds attacking the surface.

ahhhh gotcha. im clueless. smile
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: Burnet Couty Park Lake Buchanan - 10/13/17 05:41 PM

Bad thing about Burnet county park is it is wide open to the south wind and you are looking at like 16 miles of open water.

Re: Burnet Couty Park Lake Buchanan - 10/14/17 10:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Stump jumper
Bad thing about Burnet county park is it is wide open to the south wind and you are looking at like 16 miles of open water.

Anyone that has been on Buch on a windy day knows what point you're trying to make. It can be very dicey very quick on Buch.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum