Texas Fishing Forum

PK

Posted By: Skeetereater90

PK - 09/17/17 03:27 AM

Seen a bunch of folks out tryin for striper and sandies. Caught a few here and there but for the most part it was tough. Threw everything I knew and only had a couple takers. Anybody have some advice on what the deal is? Was fishing mid lake to northern end.
Posted By: sandjohnny

Re: PK - 09/17/17 12:17 PM

could be lake is turning. Eagle Mountain is.
Johnny
Posted By: gborg

Re: PK - 09/17/17 12:21 PM

Are we to assume that u are referring to Saturday the 16th ? PK has fished good until the heat returned! In my opinion, the rising BP till @ one PM has the stripers and sandies lock jawed. Someone will chime in and disprove,however, there are exceptions to every postulate.
Posted By: TCK73

Re: PK - 09/17/17 12:48 PM

I fished it on the 9th and had mediocre results. We caught both sandies and striper, but they were skiddish and would not stay put. I had not fished in over a month, and had to locate the fish and figure them out. I will say it wasn't anywhere close to the way it was on the previous trip.
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: PK - 09/17/17 02:34 PM

I went out looking for stripers down by the damn yesterday. Lots and lots of empty water. Marked a few solitary fish.

Been a tough year for stripers for me. Best bet is to beg Randy Wood or one of the guides for a tip.
Posted By: bjankowski

Re: PK - 09/18/17 12:39 PM

You just have find them. I limited out with my grandson in two hours Saturday morning, as usual. They are on the north end too all the way from Costello to Rock Creek, you just have to find them. Sometimes early in the morning the are schooling but most of the time I pick them up on my graph. They haven't been holding in one play they've been moving. Sometimes mornings are better other days it's early, anywhere from 15- 5 feet of water.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum