Texas Fishing Forum

October fishing on Richland Chambers Lake

Posted By: BOB HOLMES GS

October fishing on Richland Chambers Lake - 09/13/17 08:04 PM

We're looking for some good fishing this Fall!
I'm on a extended vacation until October so when October hits I'm going to be really ready to roll on the lake!
I ran a couple of trips over the holiday and it really went pretty well. We caught a good box of fish both days.
The fish looked to be in exceptional shape, good and fat, and not a mark on them.
True Fall fishing is a lot like spring fishing, with fish schooling and feeding through the morning and into the afternoon. 
Everything in fishing is controlled by the weather. 
So when you head out in the morning, you hope to find  schooling, feeding fish; and when you do you can almost throw your bait straight up in the air and get your limit.  Most days you have to hunt for them a little bit. 
When you do find them it's usually with your sonar, and than you follow them with your sonar and catch the fish by jigging or casting your bait.
I almost always use slabs.  Its just a great all around bait.
You can work it a number of ways: dropping it to jig under the boat or casting it out and letting it fall to the bottom, then working it back in to determine what the fish you're catching really like .  
Once you see what they like you can really fill the box fast!
I'm booking now for the Fall Season.  Call now to reserve one of these prime fishing days on Richland Chambers!
Bob Holmes Guide Service is the longest continuously running fishing guide service on Lake Richland Chambers, and I am the holder of the lake record striper sinse 2000.
Why not give you me a call at 214-728-3310 and let's do some fishing. You can visit my web site at www.texasfishingguide.net for trip information and pictures.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum