Texas Fishing Forum

Houston update from Carey Thorne's boat

Posted By: PlanoKeith

Houston update from Carey Thorne's boat - 08/30/17 03:49 PM

I know there are several guides and people down there helping the flood victims. So PLEASE add to this thread.
I am just giving an update from Carey , his wife and Cody Waddle from the info they are sending me when they can get coverage. Other fellow fishermen like Mike B Flounder , Tim Tex EP , Fishboy Frank, Seapro Todd and other lavon and hubbard guys are also helping in any way they can. This is just an update. and PLEASE add to this thread with any other info you would like. God bless the people helping and the victims as well.

How you can help volunteers for Houston flood victims directly.
My friend Carey and his wife Sarah and friend Cody have been down there for two days on the front lines, sleeping in their truck and helping pluck families from their flooded homes.
They are doing this mostly on their own expense even though some friend's and PayPal support has come in already.
Carey Thorn is a fishing guide in the Dallas area and he has the right style of boat (shallow draft, aluminum) for driving in flooded neighborhoods and city streets.
However, there are many hazards and he already has a damaged propeller and trailer which will have to be repaired for his livelihood. Also, since he is not guiding, Carey is without his normal income.
If you would like to help out a little bit or a lot for someone is there now volunteering, you can contribute to their PayPal account.

PayPal
Thorn_alex@yahoo.com

When using the PayPal option “sending to a friend” there are no fees. Even 5 or 10 dollars would be welcome. If there is any left over, Sarah will use it to purchase diapers or food for the stranded families there.

Thanks!

There are a lot of rains soaked people being rescued.

Few pics

Posted By: sand bass man

Re: Houston update from Carey Thorne's boat - 08/30/17 03:57 PM

good stuff Carey! Some of us are headed down there with a trailer full of water on Saturday morning
Posted By: PlanoKeith

Re: Houston update from Carey Thorne's boat - 08/30/17 03:58 PM

God Bless you Sand Bass man thumb
Posted By: SteveStrasemeier

Re: Houston update from Carey Thorne's boat - 08/30/17 04:02 PM

That was the first thing that came to mind when I saw all those boats - very high risk of damage and yet they are still out there doing it, God bless all of you.
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: Houston update from Carey Thorne's boat - 08/30/17 04:08 PM

Thank you for helping carey.
Posted By: GoFishNow

Re: Houston update from Carey Thorne's boat - 08/30/17 04:57 PM

What an act of kindness from all of you. You are making a huge contribution to this awful situation.
Posted By: Fishboy Frank

Re: Houston update from Carey Thorne's boat - 08/30/17 05:09 PM

Keith I've sent this out to a lot of people about Carey. Having a lot of family there it's all I can think about lately. So thankful for people like Carey. I'm sure you've seen all my posts of Facebook. The needs are great. We must rise to the challenge. I won't tell here all I'm trying to do. Just want people to remember one thing I posted. "No one can do everything. But everyone can do something." Let's all do something. God bless and watch over all those affected. And over all those assisting.
Posted By: diggerwolf

Re: Houston update from Carey Thorne's boat - 08/30/17 07:24 PM

PayPal sent.

Hey I've been wondering - where are all those boats getting fuel?
Posted By: C Worthy

Re: Houston update from Carey Thorne's boat - 08/30/17 07:42 PM

I have always believed that fishermen are some of the best folks in the world. I love it when I'm right.
Thank you Carey, Sarah, Cody, Laner, Mike B Flounder , Tim Tex EP , Fishboy Frank, Seapro Todd and all the others that prove that humanity hasn't really gone down the crapper and at the end of the day...... we do what is right, help when it is needed, and show compassion to those in need. My heart and my prayers are with each and every one of you.

THANK YOU
CWORTHY (Gary)
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Houston update from Carey Thorne's boat - 08/31/17 01:01 AM

Great job Carey. I have friends down there that I have been staying in contact with, they have not seen anything like that yet and I pray that they don't.
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: Houston update from Carey Thorne's boat - 08/31/17 02:17 AM

thumb
Posted By: RWCAT

Re: Houston update from Carey Thorne's boat - 08/31/17 12:51 PM

Thank You!!!!
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: Houston update from Carey Thorne's boat - 08/31/17 04:12 PM

Digger: All I see is an email address. How did you send money? I want to donate some but don't see how.
Posted By: diggerwolf

Re: Houston update from Carey Thorne's boat - 08/31/17 04:26 PM

PKfishin if you have a PayPal account, choose "send money to a friend" and enter the email address.
Posted By: TarponFly

Re: Houston update from Carey Thorne's boat - 09/01/17 08:49 PM

I posted some stuff in the crappie section. Thanks everyone.
Posted By: sae

Re: Houston update from Carey Thorne's boat - 09/03/17 11:23 PM

thank all of you who have put your lives on hold to help others in need.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum