Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Lewisville 07/28

Posted By: high planes drifter

Lake Lewisville 07/28 - 07/29/17 02:35 PM

Took the wife out in the blistering heat yesterday afternoon to look for surfacing white bass. Went to the Lake Dallas cut and found a few there, but nothing major. Went to the Twin poles, gravel pits, 121 cut.... nothing. Ventured over to the dam and eureka, there they were! They stayed on the surface for about an hour and a half and my wife had a blast catching them. I was hoping to find some hybrids underneath them, but no luck. We caught our limit and headed in. Truly a good day.
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: Lake Lewisville 07/28 - 07/29/17 03:14 PM

Awesome! That was how LL was when I first found the TFF. Lots of schools in the hottest days.

Re: Lake Lewisville 07/28 - 07/29/17 03:21 PM

Yeah, the groups of schooling white bass on Lewisville aren't as large or frequent as they used to be in the past. And I only keep white bass if the relatives want fish for a weekend party. Majority of the time I just let them go.
Posted By: Bassthumb: Phill's Guide Svc

Re: Lake Lewisville 07/28 - 07/29/17 05:16 PM

Very nice. Hackberry has also been holding lots of sand bass. Yesterday we got into them pretty good at sundown.

Re: Lake Lewisville 07/28 - 07/29/17 05:26 PM

I remember putting in at Hackberry a few years back. The white bass started surfacing right there at the ramp and we just stayed there and caught them. I only started up the boat to take it off the trailer and put it back on. I don't think I even got more than 30 yards from the ramp. smile
Posted By: Cactusflyr

Re: Lake Lewisville 07/28 - 08/01/17 09:50 PM

The schooling fish on top morning were all small ones. Had to go deep to get anything of any real size.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum