Texas Fishing Forum

Sonar pics of Hybrid/Sandie Schools

Posted By: JustinB

Sonar pics of Hybrid/Sandie Schools - 07/24/17 07:28 PM

Anybody have 2D sonar pics of schools of sandbass/hybrids? I would love to see them. Just starting using my graph more and trying to learn what to look for.

Also, 2D sonar pics of bait balls.
Posted By: Capt Craig

Re: Sonar pics of Hybrid/Sandie Schools - 07/24/17 08:07 PM

Here are a few. I have hundreds and it won't let me post that many. If you want to be more successful sooner, I recommend tacking a sonar class from myself or another qualified instructor. It speeds up the learning process to understand what the settings do and which ones best meet your needs for the fish you are targeting and then how to interpret it.

Posted By: scubaarchery

Re: Sonar pics of Hybrid/Sandie Schools - 07/24/17 08:28 PM

Does anyone have SI images as well? Craig I will reach out to set up a class...
Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: Sonar pics of Hybrid/Sandie Schools - 07/24/17 08:31 PM

these are stripers and sandies with some di/si pics mixed in

Posted By: Andrew Taylor

Re: Sonar pics of Hybrid/Sandie Schools - 07/24/17 08:44 PM

which unit are you running? My Lowrance pics wont help if you run a bird.

Also if you want a class on Humminbird I highly suggest Michael Littlejohn with Tawakoni Guide Service. He is an expert in that field thumb

Re: Sonar pics of Hybrid/Sandie Schools - 07/24/17 08:44 PM

SI and DI images of fish vary greatly unit to unit because of the numerous settings that are available as well as the density of the fish. I did include a great Sonar/DI/SI of a field of dozer tires put in Richland Chambers lake as fish habitat. It shows the quality of what the unit is capable of producing when well tuned. It is important to remember that often times, DI and SI does a better job of showing structure, while sonar best shows fish.

Posted By: JustinB

Re: Sonar pics of Hybrid/Sandie Schools - 07/24/17 11:34 PM

Thanks! I have an older lowrance 420c. Capt Craig I would like to talk about a lesson as well
Posted By: TCK73

Re: Sonar pics of Hybrid/Sandie Schools - 07/25/17 12:03 AM

Originally Posted By: Capt Craig
SI and DI images of fish vary greatly unit to unit because of the numerous settings that are available as well as the density of the fish. I did include a great Sonar/DI/SI of a field of dozer tires put in Richland Chambers lake as fish habitat. It shows the quality of what the unit is capable of producing when well tuned. It is important to remember that often times, DI and SI does a better job of showing structure, while sonar best shows fish.

Great pic sir. I have been really thinking about adding a Helix on the bow, and now I am convinced they are legit. Those are the firstHelix pics I have seen with that quality.
Posted By: clk

Re: Sonar pics of Hybrid/Sandie Schools - 07/25/17 12:48 AM

Capt Craig is that the mega image unit? Those are some clear pics.
Posted By: Capt. Michael Littlejohn

Re: Sonar pics of Hybrid/Sandie Schools - 07/25/17 01:36 AM

I have about 30 pictures I was going to upload for this post a couple of days ago… But my Photobucket account will not let me post photos on here anymore…
Posted By: TheDobber

Re: Sonar pics of Hybrid/Sandie Schools - 07/25/17 02:47 AM

Captain Craig,I just bought a new Boat. I have the Helix 9. Do you offer lessons for it also? If so I would like to hook up with you ASAP.
Posted By: mickeytfc

Re: Sonar pics of Hybrid/Sandie Schools - 07/25/17 01:10 PM

These pics you guys post are really helpful, and inspiring, so thanks!

Re: Sonar pics of Hybrid/Sandie Schools - 07/25/17 04:02 PM

My sonar is the Humminbird HELIX 12 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS G2N. It is the brightest and best quality sonar I have ever used. The Helix models in general are better and brighter than HB's 1100 series.

I frequently teach both Humminbird and Lowrance classes, and I honestly believe that Humminbird produces a better product. Lowrance does a very poor job producing a quality user's manual and their unit's are missing a couple of features that would improve their use overall.

Please send me a PM about a private class and I will respond to all of the requests.
Posted By: Cactusflyr

Re: Sonar pics of Hybrid/Sandie Schools - 07/25/17 09:33 PM

The pack that comes through from left to right are hybrids. Made several passes through the the sandbass that day. Lucky to catch a few.
Posted By: Double Row

Re: Sonar pics of Hybrid/Sandie Schools - 07/26/17 01:17 AM

Those are awesome! As soon as I can save some coin, I'm going to upgrade my unit.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum