Texas Fishing Forum

Lewisville Fishing Guide Report

Posted By: TarponFly

Lewisville Fishing Guide Report - 07/19/17 12:56 PM

Lewisville - white bass & hybrids

Picked my client up at his mansion on the lake at 645 am. He said he has only trolled the dam to catch them and wanted to learn how to catch them on lures. I told him what we were looking for, when, why, and how. By the time we rolled up on a secret hump, he was ready. I was watching the graph as we rolled over the hump, and it lit up 5 feet to 25 foot solid hybrid striper feeding hard. I told my client to drop down to the bottom and I walked up and put the trolling motor in the water. I heard Mr. Lopez make a small grunt or two and I glanced over at him. Apparently before the 2 ounce chartreuse godfather hit the bottom, he was already hooked up on a hybrid. When I looked back in the back of the boat he was on his knees with the rod tip in the water, almost under the boat, fighting a hybrid. Welcome to hybrid Fishing Mr. Lopez.

We sat there for 30 minutes catching fish after fish. After that 30 minute window, the hybrids moved away and the big magnum Sandy's moved up. My clients and I decided to go search for more hybrids. We left fish biting.

Twin pole had a huge surface school of Sandies and a bunch of small hybrids. So we moved on again.

I ended up at 19 foot of water in a cut, and we had surfacing hybrids and Sandy's and then they laid up in 19 foot of water on the ledge. About 10:30 we called it the morning and went and cleaned up some fish.

Somebody asked me if Lavon was fishing so bad, that I had to hop around lakes? No! Lavon is still great and I'll be there tomorrow! I do this almost every year. I get bored with one species of fish and move onto another for a couple months. I get tired of seeing the same thing on my fish graph, the same landmarks, and the same other boats. Like, this winter I will be chasing trout up in Broken Bow with bonus Walleye and I will be at Hubbard chasing hybrids in the dead of winter with a few Texoma striper trips thrown in.

Updated reports on my Facebook: Carey A Thorn

Texting me is fastest way to get answers or for direct questions.

These are the cohos I'm using currently. There a saltwater plastic so they are a little tougher. Glue them on your hook and they will never rip.

Posted By: Agape

Re: Lewisville Fishing Guide Report - 07/19/17 05:11 PM

thumb
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Lewisville Fishing Guide Report - 07/19/17 09:17 PM

Solid Post! Good job. thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum