Texas Fishing Forum

Navionics or Lake Master

Posted By: FishinTime

Navionics or Lake Master - 06/17/17 06:13 PM

Fish N. Texas lakes only. It's for a Helix 10. I fish Twok most of the time. Looking for the best one to show humps, drop offs etc. Thanks in advance as usual. Y'all are greatly appreciated.
Posted By: 9094

Re: Navionics or Lake Master - 06/17/17 11:50 PM

Lakemaster is better marked and easier to use if you have a Humminbird.

Re: Navionics or Lake Master - 06/18/17 01:19 AM

That's what I'm needing to know. Thank you cheers
Posted By: TCK73

Re: Navionics or Lake Master - 06/18/17 01:33 AM

I like having both. My Lakemaster is better in some lakes, and Navionics is better in others. If I were to have just one, I would go Navionics.
Posted By: sandjohnny

Re: Navionics or Lake Master - 06/18/17 02:44 AM

Navionics is much more accurate for my home lake. Lake master is way off.
Posted By: jbobo

Re: Navionics or Lake Master - 06/18/17 03:51 AM

Originally Posted By: sandjohnny
Navionics is much more accurate for my home lake. Lake master is way off.

This^^^^^^
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Navionics or Lake Master - 06/18/17 07:10 AM

I have had both. Navionics gives me a better depth range and reads the trees better as far as a layout of the lake.

Re: Navionics or Lake Master - 06/18/17 11:15 PM

Guess I shoulda made a poll. Navionics seems to be ahead. Thanks guys.
Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Re: Navionics or Lake Master - 06/19/17 01:29 PM

Hands down Navionics. I have had both, and the Navionics is far more accurate on all lakes I have fished. For several years I ran both map programs on the same boat. I can take you to multiple points and humps on multiple lakes where the LakeMaster chip is way off. I hear that Lake Master is better on some lakes, but I have yet to fish a lake that would lead me to agree with that statement. Also, if you ever do any saltwater fishing the LakeMaster chip is completely worthless.
Posted By: Bassthumb: Phill's Guide Svc

Re: Navionics or Lake Master - 06/19/17 08:47 PM

i prefer Navionics however there are inconsistencies on Lake Lewisville where I fish. I have an older chip though, and it's likely they have updated it since 2012 since I purchased it. So part of my complaints appear to be self inflicted since I haven't taken the time to update.
Posted By: OK_Ranger

Re: Navionics or Lake Master - 06/20/17 01:40 AM

Navionics
Posted By: Corey Stanley

Re: Navionics or Lake Master - 06/20/17 08:39 PM

Go check out the Navionics Webapp....that shows you all of the latest and greatest from Navionics for free, so before you spend a dime you can decide if they are right for you. With the Sonar Chart program Navionics is averaging around 20,000 updates per week. Now granted, those may not be all the lakes you fish, but it is a good example of why the free updates that come with the card are important to utilize.
https://webapp.navionics.com/#boating

Or if you may have an old card, whether it be a LakeMaster, Navionics or any other brand, you can save some cash and buy the updates card. This card is the same data just gives you a price break due to already buying another card.
Posted By: Blue Blazer 2400

Re: Navionics or Lake Master - 06/20/17 09:10 PM

I can update my old card to the latest and greatest? How?
Posted By: Dennis Christian

Re: Navionics or Lake Master - 06/20/17 09:23 PM

Never have used Navionics. On Cedar Creek Lake there are many areas where Lake Master is way off. However, it is useful enough for me.
Posted By: FalafelSupreme

Re: Navionics or Lake Master - 06/20/17 09:25 PM

I swear by Navionics. Has saved me from running into a sandbar at night on a few occasions.
Posted By: jbobo

Re: Navionics or Lake Master - 06/20/17 11:09 PM

I have both. The highlighted red and green that you can adjust for shallow water and say a depth you wish to target on Lakemaster is nice and pretty, but Lakemaster is way off on depths on most of our lakes in north Texas. Navionics is spot on so far as I can tell. If I only had one it would be navionics.
Posted By: FishTheBite

Re: Navionics or Lake Master - 06/22/17 09:37 AM

IMO one of the most important features on your Helix 10 is Autochart. And it won't work with Navionics.
Posted By: Corey Stanley

Re: Navionics or Lake Master - 06/22/17 05:51 PM

Originally Posted By: stratos
I can update my old card to the latest and greatest? How?

What card do you have now? If it is an old or premium card or another brand you can buy and updates card and use your existing card to activate. Once activated, you will have a brand new Nav+ card just at a discounted price for being a prior customer. If you have an older Platinum card, you can call Navionics, tell them you want to update an old Platinum card(which the new ones you can just do online but due to the old cards size 2GB it wont hold all of the data) they will send you a new platinum card with 1 year of updates for the same price as updating a new one online $99. Then from there on out you will just be able to plug it into your computer and update.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum