Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Sommie caught some fish and found terrible stewards for the lake!!! video

Posted By: john putz

Lake Sommie caught some fish and found terrible stewards for the lake!!! video - 06/10/17 03:20 AM

we have to be better than this!!! whites were around 10fow all over the lake

https://youtu.be/Op7dvN8gjCA
Posted By: chrisc/striper express guide service

Re: Lake Sommie caught some fish and found terrible stewards for the lake!!! video - 06/10/17 04:35 AM

Agreed and nice video thx for taking time to make and post!
Posted By: River Mongrel

Re: Lake Sommie caught some fish and found terrible stewards for the lake!!! video - 06/10/17 12:30 PM

How were these folks killing these undersized crappie? You sure they were caught?
Posted By: Mulegrip

Re: Lake Sommie caught some fish and found terrible stewards for the lake!!! video - 06/10/17 04:31 PM

Nice video to bad about all those fish
Posted By: Alumacraft 14

Re: Lake Sommie caught some fish and found terrible stewards for the lake!!! video - 06/10/17 05:27 PM

May be wrong, pure speculation here. But it seems they were deep hooking those crappie. It happens, but when it does it should alert the fishermen to start setting the hook earlier to prevent them swallowing the bait. This wasn't happening and thus fish die off. The keeper crappie being thrown back was an attempt to keep larger fish, which is a complete waste of a fish. Either way, it's sad to see this happening, especially if those folks are locals, think out how many fish they have wasted.

Re: Lake Sommie caught some fish and found terrible stewards for the lake!!! video - 06/10/17 05:40 PM

It was like a snapper boat. The dead loss trailed straight back to the source. The ones in the video really don't do justice as there were tons more and the blue herons were having a field day snatching them from the water
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Lake Sommie caught some fish and found terrible stewards for the lake!!! video - 06/10/17 10:04 PM

Great video John. Thanks for being a good steward. My only grandson is becoming the age where I can take fishing and teach him. My hope is the lakes will get better not worse.

Re: Lake Sommie caught some fish and found terrible stewards for the lake!!! video - 06/10/17 10:42 PM

This was the end result of the trip! Very productive. All the crappie were scavenged from the floaters and were anywhere from 10-1/4" to 11-1/2" only to be tossed out to die so they could get another an inch or two more.
Posted By: Captain Yakker

Re: Lake Sommie caught some fish and found terrible stewards for the lake!!! video - 06/10/17 11:21 PM

I was loading up the yak at Lavon last Sunday and saw a nice LMB floating nearby. Checked it over and it had just expired. Probably a throwback that didn't make it, like your crappie. The LMB was legal length so I cooked it up for lunch on Monday and shared some with my coon hound. He really enjoyed having lunch with me that day. banana
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum