Texas Fishing Forum

Heard stripers were back....any info?

Posted By: flyfishfanatic

Heard stripers were back....any info? - 06/05/17 03:42 PM

Just moved back to granbury.used to catch stripers back in the days before the golden algae fish kills. Heard stiper fishing has inproved. Any advice on what part of the lake and what's been working to catch them?
Posted By: Andrew Taylor

Re: Heard stripers were back....any info? - 06/05/17 03:43 PM

id like to hear too! have a buddy that lives right by the lake

Re: Heard stripers were back....any info? - 06/05/17 03:52 PM

Yeah, my neighbor was out on the lake lat weekend and sent me a picture of what appeared to be a guide on the lake, somewhere between the dam and de cordova bend. She said they were catching some big stripers.
Posted By: Kerry Dugan

Re: Heard stripers were back....any info? - 06/05/17 04:03 PM

That guide will probably 90% chance is Mike Acosta. He has been doing good on the stripes out there, he should chime in on this post soon.

Re: Heard stripers were back....any info? - 06/05/17 04:11 PM

I sure hope so...help a brutha out plz...not for me so much. My kids. Would love to see their faces when they hook a big'un...
Posted By: RANDY WOOD

Re: Heard stripers were back....any info? - 06/05/17 04:37 PM

ACOSTA is on a cruise so it may be next week before he chimes in. The stripers are back At Granbury.

Re: Heard stripers were back....any info? - 06/05/17 04:39 PM

Anyone besides him have the 411?
Posted By: Kerry Dugan

Re: Heard stripers were back....any info? - 06/05/17 04:44 PM

Originally Posted By: RANDY WOOD
ACOSTA is on a cruise so it may be next week before he chimes in. The stripers are back At Granbury.

You beat me to it. LOL, just talked to him. roflmao

Re: Heard stripers were back....any info? - 06/05/17 04:52 PM

Oh well....
Posted By: jbobo

Re: Heard stripers were back....any info? - 06/05/17 05:04 PM

Mike has a post on page 3 and 5 here.

Re: Heard stripers were back....any info? - 06/05/17 05:09 PM

Thanks
Posted By: squirrelhunter09

Re: Heard stripers were back....any info? - 06/06/17 02:27 PM

I just moved to Granbury myself about a month ago from Midlothian. Tawakoni was my lake before but excited to give the stripers a try here!
Posted By: cliffshot

Re: Heard stripers were back....any info? - 06/07/17 03:08 AM

I caught 4 nice ones this evening on Lake Palestine. smallest 17 inches and largest 19 inches. All on a Rippin Rap.

Re: Heard stripers were back....any info? - 06/15/17 04:18 PM

Anyone heard from Mike Acosta yet?
Posted By: Luke98

Re: Heard stripers were back....any info? - 06/15/17 09:49 PM

My cousin lives on Gbury. He only fishes for catfish, but has caught a few nice Striper this year while doing so.
Posted By: Poke

Re: Heard stripers were back....any info? - 06/16/17 04:04 AM

I just started boat fishing on the lake but I have several years fishing above/below the damn. We've caught some nice ones below. The strange thing down there is if your below when they turn the water off you don't have to catch them. They start floating almost immediately and you can scoop them up which is a shame.

I've caught small ones from the bank at the damn but nothing notable.
Posted By: Dfitz

Re: Heard stripers were back....any info? - 06/16/17 06:10 AM

How does a person fish below the dam there? Pecan plantation seems to keep people out pretty well. Is there an access point between PP and 67?

Send me a PM if you know. thumb

Re: Heard stripers were back....any info? - 06/16/17 12:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Fitz®
How does a person fish below the dam there? Pecan plantation seems to keep people out pretty well. Is there an access point between PP and 67?

There is a small pipe gate at the park near the dam. Park there and walk in. It is 1/3 of a mile roughly to get back there. It is not so bad walking in but if you catch a lot of fish it is not so much fun walking out. With 2-3 gates you can limit on Sandies pretty quick. Depending on the flow you can cross and fish in the river. We were on the other side once when a 4th gate was opened and it was pretty sketchy crossing back over.

Posted By: mwacosta

Re: Heard stripers were back....any info? - 06/16/17 12:20 PM

I just noticed this post. Sorry for the late reply. Yes, I have been catching stripers fairly consistently on Granbury and I have posted several pics of good catches on the Forum recently. Got back from my cruise last Saturday evening and was on the lake with customers Sunday am. A bit breezy, but caught some good fish on the lower ends. Both of the stripers shown were caught on slabs. One is a 8.77lb hybrid weighed on the De-liar. Been catching a hybrid or two each trip on Granbury, many are undersized but several have been keepers.
Posted By: spro

Re: Heard stripers were back....any info? - 06/16/17 05:47 PM

When was the last time Hybrids were stocked in Granbury?
Posted By: Dfitz

Re: Heard stripers were back....any info? - 06/16/17 06:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Poke
Originally Posted By: Fitz®

There is a small pipe gate at the park near the dam. Park there and walk in. It is 1/3 of a mile roughly to get back there. It is not so bad walking in but if you catch a lot of fish it is not so much fun walking out. With 2-3 gates you can limit on Sandies pretty quick. Depending on the flow you can cross and fish in the river. We were on the other side once when a 4th gate was opened and it was pretty sketchy crossing back over.

Thanks Poke thumb
Posted By: TCK73

Re: Heard stripers were back....any info? - 06/16/17 07:00 PM

There will be tons of spinning rigs and corks there now!

Re: Heard stripers were back....any info? - 06/16/17 07:07 PM

Originally Posted By: TCK73
There will be tons of spinning rigs and corks there now!

Currently they are releasing 443cfs so its possible to actually catch some fish.

BRA release info.
Posted By: Smurfs

Re: Heard stripers were back....any info? - 06/16/17 07:09 PM

[quote=TCK73]There will be tons of spinning rigs and corks there now! [/quote
VS ?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum