Texas Fishing Forum

Met a Legend on Friday

Posted By: Laner

Met a Legend on Friday - 05/30/17 08:46 PM

I ran a fish fry trip on Friday morning for some long time friends and customers. While we were out on a hump, I see a boat pull up that is very obviously another guide. As he idles forward, I'm thinking I know who it is, but I'm not sure. "You must be Lane Palmer", says the gentleman. "Yes sir I am. And you must be Sand Johnny." It was. I finally got the meet the legend of Eagle Mountain himself. It was an absolute pleasure to meet you, Mr. Stevens, and I look forward to seeing you out there again.

It's been about three weeks since I've fished Eagle Mountain, as most of my trips have been on Cedar Creek lately. It was nice to be back! Ended up cleaning 76. We started on a hump in 25-28ft of water, then finished the day in 10-15ft. All fish were caught on 1/2 ounce chartreuse and white/chartreuse Slab Buddies.

Posted By: Andrew Taylor

Re: Met a Legend on Friday - 05/30/17 08:51 PM

thumb
Posted By: Kerry Dugan

Re: Met a Legend on Friday - 05/30/17 09:02 PM

He is a legend, but don't tell him!! Lol
Posted By: Bass&More

Re: Met a Legend on Friday - 05/30/17 10:04 PM

Sandjohnny is a living legend, I saw both you guys Friday out there with what looked like a sandbass whackfest as your clients were all hooked up at the same time. I was in the white and red bass boat and had a great time watching all of the live action show. thumb thumb peep
Posted By: sandjohnny

Re: Met a Legend on Friday - 05/30/17 10:12 PM

Thanks for the kind words guys. Wished all that was true. Good to finally meet you lane.
Johnny
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Met a Legend on Friday - 05/31/17 06:04 PM

Nice post. Another great meet up on the TFF!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum