Texas Fishing Forum

Where to go at Texoma

Posted By: DLT

Where to go at Texoma - 05/20/17 08:06 PM

Hey guys I need a little help. Haven't been on Texoma in a long long time and am going tomorrow. I will be putting in at state park at damn. Where do I need to go to catch a few fish.
Posted By: ReelBusy

Re: Where to go at Texoma - 05/21/17 10:56 PM

Head to the humps, you'll see them on the fish finder.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Where to go at Texoma - 05/22/17 03:01 AM

Originally Posted By: Hancock
Head to the humps, you'll see them on the fish finder.

Legit info... cheers
Posted By: FishWrangler2

Re: Where to go at Texoma - 05/22/17 03:58 AM

As they say on Whitney, look for the ledges and edges...we found them to other week working some and ended up having a nice evening. Just make sure you have the Navionics app!

Re: Where to go at Texoma - 05/23/17 04:14 PM

Thanks for the three responses. Didn't go after all because of rain. Don't if there isn't very many fishermen that know anything about Texoma or if it's where I said I would be putting in. If the State Park at the damn isn't good where would you put in tho catch stripers? I would appreicate any inputs.
Posted By: chrisc/striper express guide service

Re: Where to go at Texoma - 05/23/17 04:55 PM

It's Striper fishing in May. Fishing has been great. If your a lure guy like me sassy,topwater and slabs all producing in all depths of water. It's really all over the place right now. Trollers and live baiters also catching plenty. Be more direct with your questions and get better responses. Fish are all over right now but dam area will be holding lots of fish...fast shad limits in deep water or structure fish with lures. If you see schooling fish even better.

Re: Where to go at Texoma - 05/23/17 06:41 PM

Thanks for the response Chris. Next time I'll be more direct with my questions. This there a better place to launch?
Posted By: Simmonsdlwa

Re: Where to go at Texoma - 05/25/17 02:05 AM

How long into summer will a topwater and lure bite work? Bringing my father up June 22.
Posted By: chrisc/striper express guide service

Re: Where to go at Texoma - 05/25/17 02:56 AM

Most all summer. Mud lines moving fast dam side clear so best bet.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum