Texas Fishing Forum

Whitney advice

Posted By: FujiFish47

Whitney advice - 05/14/17 07:48 PM

Looking to do an all day hang out with family sun up to sun down and wanted to know which park on the lake would be the best to do so at waters edge. Also wanting to get there before most parks open to try and catch bait. Which ramps would be open before sun up and where is best place to attempt to catch bait? Thank for any info in advance
Posted By: tx2va07

Re: Whitney advice - 05/16/17 06:34 AM

Cedar Creek is a good area that you could catch some from the bank. It gets deep quick over there.
Posted By: River Mongrel

Re: Whitney advice - 05/16/17 11:24 AM

Loafers bend lake whitney. Its 70 ft 50 yds away from the bank. Striper are on the move and are feeding. Id freeline some shad tail hooked . Good luck
Posted By: FujiFish47

Re: Whitney advice - 05/16/17 08:59 PM

Thank you all for the advice do you guys have any pointers as to where to look for the Shad early morning for bait
Posted By: mgfan

Re: Whitney advice - 05/17/17 02:52 AM

My advice. Find the guy with an xpress center console. He seems to know what he is doing and follow him around. Can't misss him, great looking guy always reeling in fish.
Posted By: liketofishalot

Re: Whitney advice - 05/17/17 02:48 PM

if your talking about the green xpress center console you have low standards cause i ain't that great looking. do catch fish though
Posted By: Dr. Chase

Re: Whitney advice - 05/17/17 08:54 PM

more advice: stay out of the path of the guide who runs out of rocky creek lodge with a white Carolina Skiff. He damn near ran over my family and I as he ran half throttle through the no wake zone of rocky creek, with his bow pointed straight up in the air. He wasn't even trying to look at where he was going. I had to hammer the throttle to move and barely avoided being hit by his boat. missed us by a couple feet. We were yelling and screaming at him and he couldn't see or hear us because his head was up his a--.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum