Texas Fishing Forum

Mason area fishing

Posted By: pigpoacher

Mason area fishing - 03/10/17 04:00 AM

Got a nine year old Grandaughter that lives in Mason.Looking for the closest body of water in that area to fish for White Bass.Or any body of water to Kayak fish.
Posted By: skeeter22

Re: Mason area fishing - 03/10/17 07:25 AM

Llano River.
Posted By: Naggler

Re: Mason area fishing - 03/12/17 07:08 AM

Castell is beautiful. No whites though. Brownwood cant be too far away...Brady Lake is worth looking into also.
Posted By: boocat

Re: Mason area fishing - 03/12/17 01:20 PM

Poor Brady, got hit hard. Been pretty dead for a few years. I've been watching for reports, listening for any sign of life.
Posted By: boocat

Re: Mason area fishing - 03/12/17 01:33 PM

There used to be one or two old fish camps out of Mason, I've been to one, cant remember where it was , not much help. Find an old timer to ask. I'm sure they know.
Posted By: jdrlondon

Re: Mason area fishing - 03/16/17 02:39 AM

I don't know about Mason, but Kimble County just to the west has several Kayak rental businesses that have arrangements with local landowners and provides transportation enabling entry and egress points on the South and Main Llano Rivers. Without landowner permission access to the Hill country streams is difficult. Brady is recovering slowly and I have had some success on Crappie and Cats this spring, but I never try for whites. The ramp provides easy launching and now has a small dock. Each time I have fished Brady this year I have had the entire lake to myself, so it is really peaceful.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum