Texas Fishing Forum

Using a 6 inch curly tail grub on a umbrella rig?

Posted By: catdub

Using a 6 inch curly tail grub on a umbrella rig? - 02/28/17 02:44 AM

I went out and bought a cheap package of the purple luckestrike curl tail 6 inch worms that were on sale for a buck at Walmart for bass fishing but was wondering if any of y'all ever tried to use them on a umbrella rig and if so how much success did y'all have with them
Posted By: jbobo

Re: Using a 6 inch curly tail grub on a umbrella rig? - 02/28/17 02:50 AM

I've never used purple yet but they might work . I usually use white and/or chartreuse curly tails on just about anything plastic and it works on umbrella rigs.
Posted By: Axman9

Re: Using a 6 inch curly tail grub on a umbrella rig? - 02/28/17 03:59 PM

I haven't used purple either but if the water is a little stained the darker color might just be the ticket.

I use the 10 inch Culprits and cut them to 7" when I use them. I'm like Bobo, I tend to use those colors. But, I might try some black.

I found that during the flood on Texoma, I got more strikes when using a black sassy shad head.
Posted By: catdub

Re: Using a 6 inch curly tail grub on a umbrella rig? - 02/28/17 04:11 PM

Lake tawakoni is the lake I'll be fishing if that helps
Posted By: Jamoke

Re: Using a 6 inch curly tail grub on a umbrella rig? - 03/02/17 03:24 PM

Originally Posted By: catdub
Lake tawakoni is the lake I'll be fishing if that helps

Man you had better have some strong line 50 lb, you get 2-4 stripers or big hybrids on there they will put a hurt on your rig. Good Luck!!
Posted By: FishWrangler2

Re: Using a 6 inch curly tail grub on a umbrella rig? - 03/04/17 03:20 AM

I had my best luck on umbrella rigs last year with black swimbaits on umbrella rigs with chartreuse tails last year
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum