Texas Fishing Forum

TWOK Thursday 1/12 Windy and Super Duper

Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

TWOK Thursday 1/12 Windy and Super Duper - 01/13/17 02:17 PM

We had another amazing day with my all-star buddies,on the Lakeguide Guide Service. One of my best trips in a long time. Only did three drifts strategizing the strong S wind and the DSing and catching was instant and plentiful. We even boated several river monster kitties of 40#, 30#, and 25# to boot, one a single kitty rod while DSing. All that by noon! Water temp was 48f, catching depth was deep 48 to 37fow. I brought my portable thumper and 85” diameter drift sock and they both were great workhorses for the windy condition. Air temp felt great in the 60s, wind was SSW 15-20mph. All fish caught on flukes with 1oz to 20z jig heads. Kitties were on baited shad. What an amazing and blessed lake, TWOK! And our guide is not too shabby either smile

Good luck guys! Here the proofs grin cheers banana

Posted By: GoFishNow

Re: TWOK Thursday 1/12 Windy and Super Duper - 01/13/17 02:56 PM

How I wish I was there!
Posted By: Fishboy Frank

Re: TWOK Thursday 1/12 Windy and Super Duper - 01/13/17 03:40 PM

Todd you make the best post and collages! That truly was an unexpected blessing. Gene and Todd and I were going to run down for a half day fishing in Gene's boat. I texted Matt the day before to ask to point us in the right direction so to speak. Matt says, "Come on down. Go with me." We came. Matt found. We caught! Matt is one hard working dude. He is relentless in the pursuit of his passion-fishing. Was his day off and he wanted to fish! Who does that? Matt does that's who. But the day was what I call a double blessing. We caught fish and Matt is using them at his upcoming men's Church fundraiser.

That's also called a win-win. Todd I like those Cowboy pictures you placed in there! BTW Matt's fundraiser dinner is on January 28th. Not sure if allowed to post the ad here or not. So anyway it's at Wills Point High School at 6:30. We are going to try and round up some of the Hubbard gang to attend. All wild game being served. Thanks Matt for the invite yesterday. Be sure to place on your boat those Vietnamese blessing envelopes Todd gave us to use yesterday! God was good to us yesterday. That was as much fun as one could possibly have yesterday. I'm sore today for it! But it's a good sore.
Posted By: jbobo

Re: TWOK Thursday 1/12 Windy and Super Duper - 01/13/17 03:59 PM

Awesome post, guys! Those are good fish too.
Posted By: TCK73

Re: TWOK Thursday 1/12 Windy and Super Duper - 01/13/17 05:10 PM

Great post, I love that lake. thumb
Posted By: Scotty P

Re: TWOK Thursday 1/12 Windy and Super Duper - 01/13/17 05:51 PM

Another awesome Twok trip for you guys!! Yall are makin it look easy!
Posted By: I love fishing

Re: TWOK Thursday 1/12 Windy and Super Duper - 01/13/17 05:57 PM

That's great trip Todd! I missed catching those hips.
Posted By: Andrew Taylor

Re: TWOK Thursday 1/12 Windy and Super Duper - 01/13/17 07:49 PM

Matt is one of the best man!!
Posted By: chrisc/striper express guide service

Re: TWOK Thursday 1/12 Windy and Super Duper - 01/13/17 09:20 PM

Nice day for sure guys!
Posted By: Chris Richardson

Re: TWOK Thursday 1/12 Windy and Super Duper - 01/13/17 09:26 PM

great trip with a great guide on a great fishery!
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: TWOK Thursday 1/12 Windy and Super Duper - 01/13/17 09:37 PM

It was an awesome morning. In the first 5 minutes of our first drift we were on fish. Matt kept telling us fish on the bottom, then reel up 6 turns, the reel up 2 turns. Fish were at all of these levels at different times. I am always impressed by Matt and the ease in which he finds fish. Like Frank said above this was his day off and he was fishing for the fun of it. That is a great guide.
Posted By: PlanoKeith

Re: TWOK Thursday 1/12 Windy and Super Duper - 01/13/17 10:33 PM

Awesome trip . Glad y'all hammered em
Posted By: Rockwall Roy

Re: TWOK Thursday 1/12 Windy and Super Duper - 01/14/17 02:33 AM

Nice haul guys!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: TWOK Thursday 1/12 Windy and Super Duper - 01/14/17 02:37 AM

Awesome post. thumb
Posted By: Lakeguide

Re: TWOK Thursday 1/12 Windy and Super Duper - 01/14/17 03:23 PM

Thanks guys for all the compliments. I wish I could claim them all and attribute them to exemplary fishing skills......... BUT..... I'm just blessed to have been raised where I was. Tawakoni is truly a special body of water. It is an amazing fishery. I have to remind myself of that at times and not take it for granted. I couldn't do it anywhere else!

Yall come out to Wills Point High School on January 28th for our Fin, Feather, and Fur Banquet. This is a mens gathering and meal that StonePoint Church puts on each year. Huge buffet of wild game and fish, a great message, prizes and more. We have had around 300 men attend each year. It starts at 6:30pm and all are welcome. Let me know you are coming and I'll have a ticket for you!
Posted By: ATM97

Re: TWOK Thursday 1/12 Windy and Super Duper - 01/14/17 04:37 PM

That Matt Cartwright is one of the best for sure! Monster cats with big hybrids and stripers in the same trip now. What is he gonna do next? Need to get back that way and do a trip with him, it has been way too long. Outstanding job and report SPT!
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: TWOK Thursday 1/12 Windy and Super Duper - 01/14/17 07:26 PM

Thanks guys! Hey there Big Country cheers
Did kept a few fish for fish tacos for my wife's grandma 99th birthday pardy today. smile
Posted By: Wildman of the navidad

Re: TWOK Thursday 1/12 Windy and Super Duper - 01/19/17 03:50 AM

thumbwell done popcorn2
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: TWOK Thursday 1/12 Windy and Super Duper - 01/19/17 03:43 PM

Nice fish.
Posted By: jasonslabseeker

Re: TWOK Thursday 1/12 Windy and Super Duper - 01/22/17 03:35 AM

fish
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum