Texas Fishing Forum

Hybrids better than Sandies?

Posted By: Thecrankster

Hybrids better than Sandies? - 01/10/17 05:11 PM

Do Hybrids fight hard and are they as abundant as Sandies...Never caught Hybrid but have caught alot of Sandies
Gonna be fishing lake Bridgeport...Load me up with info. On Hybrids
Posted By: Poboy K.

Re: Hybrids better than Sandies? - 01/10/17 05:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Thecrankster
Do Hybrids fight hard and are they as abundant as Sandies...Never caught Hybrid but have caught alot of Sandies

This is a racist post!

Seriously, you simply can't group fish like that. You can generalize, but it's not set in stone.

There are certain times of the year when you reel in crappie like dead weight. Other times when they about wear you out.

I've reeled in some good sized bass that didn't seem to put up that much defense, and had some that gave me ALL KINDS OF TROUBLE and I was convinced that if they didn't break me off, I was going to land a monster! UMMMMN....try a pound and a half!!!!!

Look into umbrella rigs. Soft shad bait wiggly tails.
Posted By: FishTheBite

Re: Hybrids better than Sandies? - 01/10/17 05:51 PM

IMO as well as the opinion of many who catch a lot more fish than me hybrids pull harder pound for pound than any other freshwater fish. So if by better you mean fight harder then yes hybrids are better than sandies.

They eat about he same and sandies are much more abundant and easier to catch most of the time.

Good luck.
Posted By: TexExp

Re: Hybrids better than Sandies? - 01/10/17 06:59 PM

Hybrids fight harder and grow bigger
Hybrids taste much better

Dead stick small flukes this time of year

cool

Have fun out there!!
Posted By: Chris Richardson

Re: Hybrids better than Sandies? - 01/10/17 08:23 PM

hybrids definitely fight better when you are trying to remove the hook bang
Posted By: fmclee

Re: Hybrids better than Sandies? - 01/10/17 09:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Chris Richardson
hybrids definitely fight better when you are trying to remove the hook bang FROM YOUR FINGER

added a little something
Posted By: jbobo

Re: Hybrids better than Sandies? - 01/10/17 09:29 PM

Originally Posted By: FishTheBite
IMO as well as the opinion of many who catch a lot more fish than me hybrids pull harder pound for pound than any other freshwater fish. So if by better you mean fight harder then yes hybrids are better than sandies.

They eat about he same and sandies are much more abundant and easier to catch most of the time.

Good luck.

Agreed^^^^^

Originally Posted By: Chris Richardson
hybrids definitely fight better when you are trying to remove the hook bang

I hate the small ones cause there's nothing to hold onto. Sandbass, yearling hybrid, and striper go crazy when you get them out of the water.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Hybrids better than Sandies? - 01/10/17 09:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Poboy K.
Originally Posted By: Thecrankster

This is a racist post!

Seriously, you simply can't group fish like that. You can generalize, but it's not set in stone.

There are certain times of the year when you reel in crappie like dead weight. Other times when they about wear you out.

I've reeled in some good sized bass that didn't seem to put up that much defense, and had some that gave me ALL KINDS OF TROUBLE and I was convinced that if they didn't break me off, I was going to land a monster! UMMMMN....try a pound and a half!!!!!

Look into umbrella rigs. Soft shad bait wiggly tails.

I think you may be right.
Posted By: Keeping_it_REEL

Re: Hybrids better than Sandies? - 01/10/17 10:25 PM

IMO

Hybrids is Torque, raw power, made to fight. Diesel Truck

Stripers is HP, fast, takes off when you set the hook. Sports car

Sandies is a combo of both. Compact sports car.

If you're in a school of sandies and you hook a Jr hybrid, you'll def know. They've got a bit more power to them.
Hope that helps.
Posted By: Cigga

Re: Hybrids better than Sandies? - 01/10/17 11:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Keeping_it_REEL
IMO

Hybrids is Torque, raw power, made to fight. Diesel Truck

Stripers is HP, fast, takes off when you set the hook. Sports car

Sandies is a combo of both. Compact sports car.

If you're in a school of sandies and you hook a Jr hybrid, you'll def know. They've got a bit more power to them.
Hope that helps.

Awesome perspective right here. LOL!
Posted By: Lovfldx

Re: Hybrids better than Sandies? - 01/12/17 01:34 AM

Hybrid, hooking a car going down a steep hill with no brakes! Don't make the mistake of stopping the drag stripping with your thumb-----if you value that thumb!

Grilled hybrid fillets are indescribably delicious when properly prepped.

Sandies on ultra light tackle is the ultimate fun in a clear running creek on a full blown spawning run.

Thoroughly pressure washed(garden hose gun works just fine), sandies eliminate the need for cutting the red meat out, save money on buttermilk mustard or whatever other concoctions people use to "enhance" the flavor of sandies. I have buffaloed a lot of people with sandie fillets cleaned this way, into thinking they were eating lmb, even crappie! They had a hard time telling the difference!(admittedly rookie fresh fish eaters) whose range of taste in fish ranges from Long John Silver to Trulucks(restaurant/fast food fish! So take that for what it's worth, but buffaloed my two sons a few times. Couldn't tell they were sandies!

Striper is a massive animal that can drag a small boat around a lake or river(happened to a buddy while i watched from the shore!) Blackedned, grilled, or fried, excellent table fare!

Rudy
Posted By: Bill Durham

Re: Hybrids better than Sandies? - 01/15/17 10:58 PM

Hybrids get a lot bigger than whites.. and are just as aggressive.. advantage hybrid!
Posted By: Joe Todd

Re: Hybrids better than Sandies? - 01/17/17 03:14 AM

Used to catch Hybrids at the hot water discharge on Lake Graham. I would take 5 hybrid bites over a boat load of sand bass any time. Cut the red out of them and soak the fillet's in buttermilk and egg overnight. Fry them up with corn meal and enjoy!!!!! food food
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum