Texas Fishing Forum

Dead heads

Posted By: G Love

Dead heads - 01/06/17 01:57 AM

Anyone know of anywhere in/around Ft Worth to pick up some deadstick style heads? I don't have time to order for this trip. Thanks!
Posted By: Finaddict

Re: Dead heads - 01/06/17 02:31 AM

http://www.barlowstackle.com
http://www.barlowstackle.com/Crystal-Shad-Jig-Head-P1511.aspx
Posted By: lenahorse

Re: Dead heads - 01/06/17 02:46 AM

when and where you going?

Re: Dead heads - 01/06/17 02:49 AM

I'm just going to run my boat mainly. Just got it out of the shop. But in the river some and probably granbury. Not expecting a whole lot, but I'd like to have some. Gonna see if anything is stacked in the deeper holes while I'm out.

Re: Dead heads - 01/06/17 02:49 AM

Saturday mornin
Posted By: gborg

Re: Dead heads - 01/06/17 12:29 PM

I have a dozen or more half ounce and or 3/4 ounce stripaholic two eyed jig heads, Chartreuse and or white. PM as I live in the great state of W'ford. The bp is scheduled to be @ 30.7 on Sat. If that means anything to you .
Posted By: captaincam3

Re: Dead heads - 01/06/17 01:55 PM

Granbury aint bad
Posted By: StriperShack

Re: Dead heads - 01/06/17 02:09 PM

I make and paint them for personal use and for friends to use. Have regular to 5/8oz and double eye both with either EC or Mustad hooks.
In Mansfield if you want to swap river stories and pick some up your more than welcome to have some.

Re: Dead heads - 01/06/17 04:51 PM

Originally Posted By: gborg
I have a dozen or more half ounce and or 3/4 ounce stripaholic two eyed jig heads, Chartreuse and or white. PM as I live in the great state of W'ford. The bp is scheduled to be @ 30.7 on Sat. If that means anything to you .

PM sent.

Re: Dead heads - 01/06/17 04:52 PM

Originally Posted By: StriperShack
I make and paint them for personal use and for friends to use. Have regular to 5/8oz and double eye both with either EC or Mustad hooks.
In Mansfield if you want to swap river stories and pick some up your more than welcome to have some.

Awesome! I'll get in touch with ya one some, you ship?
Posted By: StriperShack

Re: Dead heads - 01/06/17 05:31 PM

Ya I am shipping some out tommorow to a guy in N Dallas I met at Tawakoni the other day, I could ship you some too. Pm me your info.

I highly recommend the Stripaholic ones too!
Posted By: M.T.Pockets

Re: Dead heads - 01/07/17 04:47 PM

I make all sorts of DEAD STICK HEADS. What type are you looking for. Check out my web site by clicking the link in my signature. If there is some type of jig that is not listed PLEASE ASK as all of the product I carry are not listed.
CUSTOM WORK IS USUALLY NOT A PROBLEM
Charlie
Posted By: big D

Re: Dead heads - 01/08/17 12:11 AM

I use to buy from Moes and really missed the screwlock deadheads...

MtPockets got the job done with the black hooks of my choice and they came out nice!

I even ordered some screwlock shad heads for swimbaits with same black hooks. I caught over 30 five plus pound hybrid on the same sassy using the new head!

Thanks MtPockets!!!

Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: Dead heads - 01/08/17 01:17 AM

Originally Posted By: big D

MtPockets got the job done with the black hooks of my choice and they came out nice!

I even ordered some screwlock shad heads for swimbaits with same black hooks. I caught over 30 five plus pound hybrid on the same sassy using the new head!

Thanks MtPockets!!!

thumb I will never use another jig head that doesn't have screw lock on them
Posted By: M.T.Pockets

Re: Dead heads - 01/08/17 05:15 AM

Thanks for the update BIG D. Glad you like the product and they are working for you
Posted By: ATM97

Re: Dead heads - 01/08/17 07:26 PM

Originally Posted By: big D

Thanks MtPockets!!!

Absolutely agree! Charlie will make you anything you want. He made me a bunch of 1-2 oz shad jig heads with the screw lock and the shorter shank heavy black hooks and they work great on 4" berkley gulp minnows. There is nothing that compares to the screw lock to help you get more fish out of the pricey gulp baits when the fish are being a little picky.

Another thing that sometimes works well is using a crappie jig above your big jig and those screw locks on the small hooks will help you get way more fish out of those little baits too. Charlie also can make you any size screw lock hook or weight to fit any tiny plastic you want with quality hooks that hold up to the bigger fish as well.

Caught a bunch in the cooler yesterday on the small top crappie jig tied on a huckaby loop knot (fast and easy to tie and the jig always sits right in the water. Thanks again Charlie for the quality custom jig heads

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum