Texas Fishing Forum

Twok Jan 1 and 2

Posted By: Scotty P

Twok Jan 1 and 2 - 01/05/17 03:59 AM

Could not find anyone to fish w me on Sunday so I went by myself. Got to the lake about noon and started deadsticking out from the spillway area in about 45'. Picked up 8 nice hybrids and Striper. All on pink flukes. Wind stopped and so did the fish. Tried a few more spots. Nada. Finally in the last hour of daylight, I found some birds working in the middle of the dam area. Picked up 9 more Hybrids and Stripes. Biggest was 6.5 lbs. Fun way to start the new year.

Went out w a friend on Monday after the storm. Never could find a bunch that was hungry. We picked at them and missed quite a few. Ended up w 13. Birds were starting to work again at about 4:30 and my trolling motor just cut off and we were trying to sneak up on them. Then I started smelling smoke. UHH OHH!!! Opened up the battery compartment and on one of my terminals, the lead was melted and there was a hole beside it the size of a dime that I could see into the battery. Unhooked it as carefully as I could. Very grateful it was not worse!

Fun couple of days on the water. Happy New Year to all!!!

Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: Twok Jan 1 and 2 - 01/05/17 04:23 AM

6.8 us a big fish! Nice reports and pics , Scotty thumb
Posted By: I love fishing

Re: Twok Jan 1 and 2 - 01/05/17 09:36 AM

Good report. Thank you as I was skunked on Saturday.
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Twok Jan 1 and 2 - 01/05/17 01:57 PM

Glad you got out Scotty and caught fish also glad nothing more electrical occurred on your boat. Something must have overheated?
Posted By: Coachzee

Re: Twok Jan 1 and 2 - 01/06/17 01:05 AM

Great stuff Scotty! Sorry to hear about the battery issue. Sure glad ya caught it when ya did and more damage didn't take place. I'll get out with ya one of these days. Tough with the kids being the age they are right now. Gimmie some time and I'll make it happen more than just once a year for ladies man b day trip!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Twok Jan 1 and 2 - 01/06/17 02:32 AM

Awesome post. Good job. thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum