Texas Fishing Forum

Whitney Friday - OK

Posted By: SteveStrasemeier

Whitney Friday - OK - 12/03/16 05:14 PM

My brother Ken came down from Indiana to fish Texoma next week so Rob invited us to Whitney Friday. Day didn't start to well as the trolling motor prop got damaged as Rob was picking me up off the dock. No wind so we decided to do without until later and maybe find one local. Started out along Lofers bend area and Ken caught the first fish of the day first drop. Ok that's a good sign. We struggled to find fish. Stayed around the islands but couldn't locate more than one here one there. Rob was really bummed about the trolling motor knowing that the wind is going to pick up and it will be very difficult to get on fish. We asked the one boat in the area if he knew where we could get one and he thought Uncle Gus's might have one.
We fished around a little more and saw another boat on anchor with rods out fishing for catfish. Didn't really want to get to close or disturb his fishing. We asked if he had a spare or knew where to get one local. Without hesitation he invited us over to his boat and said here take mine, my trolling motor is not working anyway. WOW here is a complete stranger out in the middle of the lake giving us his prop. His name is James Tucker and guides on Whitney for catfish. How lucky could we possibly get. It worked great and not only that he asked what we were fishing for and told us that the striper where schooling over in the Towash area.
Trolling motor fixed, info on where some striper might be we headed that way. First stop caught some nice sandies. Then Rob spotted birds working along the South bank and it was game one. All 3 of us were hooked up with good stripers to 26". Things were slow after that and we called it a day. Didn't count or keep any fish.

Thank you James Tucker http://www.fishwaco.com/

My brother Ken with first fish

We all caught stripers this size

Rob
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Whitney Friday - OK - 12/03/16 05:18 PM

Nice post and nice fish. thumb
Posted By: jbobo

Re: Whitney Friday - OK - 12/03/16 06:00 PM

Salute to Mr.Tucker. Nice to hear of positive experiences from fellow anglers.
Also a good report with photos.
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Whitney Friday - OK - 12/04/16 03:14 AM

Great report Steve. Fishermen are truly good people. Great story.
Posted By: TCK73

Re: Whitney Friday - OK - 12/04/16 04:08 AM

Awesome write up, great people and good fish. That's a winning combination. cheers
Posted By: DrWhiplash

Re: Whitney Friday - OK - 12/05/16 02:32 AM

Great stuff Steve! Whitney is a beautiful lake! Thanks for sharing fish
Posted By: opus

Re: Whitney Friday - OK - 12/05/16 03:20 AM

Karma James won $2300 in a 2 day tourney today, good things happen to good people
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum