Texas Fishing Forum

Tawakoni on Thanksgiving Day.

Posted By: CamoKing

Tawakoni on Thanksgiving Day. - 11/22/16 03:43 PM

Headed out to Tawakoni this Thanksgiving day. We need some help. What ramp would you recommend since the Marinas may be closed? We usually launch at Holiday.

Is anyone else planning on going out this day as well? Message me..

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and everyone have a blessed Thanksgiving day!!!
Posted By: Duma

Re: Tawakoni on Thanksgiving Day. - 11/22/16 04:32 PM

Cool Camoking!! Thought I was the only nut going fishing on Thanksgiving. I'm not going to Towakoni but should be celebrating Thanksgiving with the fish. Hope they welcome me with open arms and show up by the Thousands. My wife spending all her time giving Thanks with her friends. My daughter spending all her times giving Thanks to her newly found boy friend. I'm giving Thanks I got a boat and a son to go fishing with. So it's all gonna be a good Thanksgiving. Happy early Thanksgiving to all.
Posted By: BUBBAJ 115

Re: Tawakoni on Thanksgiving Day. - 11/22/16 08:18 PM

I'm pretty sure Holiday has a self pay station. If you go to the front door of the marina look up and to the left and there should be some envelopes. Write your license plate # and date and insert your money and slide it in between the double doors. I think it is either $5.00 or $7.00 to launch. Some one correct me if I,am wrong, as it has been awhile since I've been there.
Posted By: TCK73

Re: Tawakoni on Thanksgiving Day. - 11/22/16 08:29 PM

Originally Posted By: JP Guide service
I'm pretty sure Holiday has a self pay station. If you go to the front door of the marina look up and to the left and there should be some envelopes. Write your license plate # and date and insert your money and slide it in between the double doors. I think it is either $5.00 or $7.00 to launch. Some one correct me if I,am wrong, as it has been awhile since I've been there.

Anchor Inn is the same way.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Tawakoni on Thanksgiving Day. - 11/22/16 09:45 PM

Last time I was there they charged me $8.00. I got a state park pass and use the state park ramp, cost $3.00
Posted By: ShinerInTx

Re: Tawakoni on Thanksgiving Day. - 11/24/16 02:14 AM

There is a SRA public boat ramp right next to Holiday Marina that is free. Turn North from Tx 47 just like you are going to Holiday Marina. Take the 2nd right and drive about 1/4 mile to boat ramp. It does not have a dock, and the two lane ramp has a big pothole (it was above the water line in August). Not a big deal, just don't haul azz down the ramp.
Posted By: I love fishing

Re: Tawakoni on Thanksgiving Day. - 11/25/16 06:05 AM

CamoKing...how was fishing? Any report? How did your do? We are heading out there on Saturday.
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: Tawakoni on Thanksgiving Day. - 11/25/16 12:12 PM

Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Last time I was there they charged me $8.00. I got a state park pass and use the state park ramp, cost $3.00

If you have a state park pass it is free to launch.
Posted By: CamoKing

Re: Tawakoni on Thanksgiving Day. - 11/25/16 11:58 PM

when we got there it was super foggy.. Very few boats out. Ended up drifting for cats and landed a few eaters... after about 10 am the water calmed down a little. No sandies or Hybrids..
Posted By: I love fishing

Re: Tawakoni on Thanksgiving Day. - 11/26/16 01:21 AM

Thanks CamoKing for the report. We'll let you know how we do.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum