Texas Fishing Forum

so post front is a no go ?

Posted By: Duma

so post front is a no go ? - 11/19/16 03:27 PM

You say NO!! I say GO!! and that's how you fill a diary!! loco I'm not after fish,just knowledge. What happens after a front blows through ? No one better to tell you than you your self and going out to find out for your self. Going tomorrow for sure.Regardless it's gonna be a BEAUTIFUL DAY tomorrow. All hybrids will be release if I get lucky!!

I had my first experience post front,blue bird sky,glassy no wind day and I limited out on hybrids.

Then I experience my second post front 6 white bass.

This third experience should answer my questions about post front for sure.
Posted By: kodys'papa

Re: so post front is a no go ? - 11/19/16 04:01 PM

Fishing will always throw you a curve ball

I do know the bluebird beautiful days suck for fly fishing trout in Conejos County Colorado.

And I do know I will be somewhere on tawakoni tomorrow

Re: so post front is a no go ? - 11/19/16 04:11 PM

Good luck to you Kody. I learn if we just learn to enjoy a beautiful day, than it really doesn't matter if we catch fish or not.
Posted By: kodys'papa

Re: so post front is a no go ? - 11/19/16 04:25 PM

On those days there, I hunt for mushrooms and scout the deer/elk/grouse/turkey
Posted By: A perez

Re: so post front is a no go ? - 11/19/16 06:26 PM

How's it looking out there bruce?

Re: so post front is a no go ? - 11/19/16 06:32 PM

Originally Posted By: A perez
How's it looking out there bruce?

We will find out tomorrow. Wind will come back from the South by noon. I predict the first half of the day will be slow,then the sun and warm air from the South gonna flip the switches and the evening bites gonna be on fire that's if the trollers don't mess it up!! Fish are hungry. They are gonna feed hard from here on. I think with this year mild weather there's more good fishing days than bad. You just gotta get out more to experience those days. I already have!! Every trip to me is a win win trip. You learn,you make mistakes,then you come back to fix it where you went wrong. thumb
Posted By: glen6131

Re: so post front is a no go ? - 11/20/16 01:31 AM

Post front on Whitney was good today. Wind blown point in howling N wind. got 20 biggest 27 in.

Re: so post front is a no go ? - 11/20/16 01:56 AM

Thanks glen. I guess fish do throw a curve ball every once a while. Encouraging. Thanks!!
Posted By: lenahorse

Re: so post front is a no go ? - 11/20/16 02:22 AM

Bruce we had limits today from noon till 4:30 on Tawakoni, N wind howling, very cool, whitecaps, we saw 2-3 boats all day. Not a great bite but fairly steady, 62 deg water today. Almost all caught on Little George Spinner baits from MT Pockets tackle. rest on curly tail grubs.
Posted By: TCK73

Re: so post front is a no go ? - 11/20/16 02:32 AM

Myself and my kid are headed to Twok tomorrow for a few days, and i'm ready. August was the last time we were able to make it over there. I pay no attention to all the fronts and whatever from a planning prospective, I fish when I get the opportunity. I do take notes and compare things later, and so far I have not established any real pattern to the madness.
Posted By: lenahorse

Re: so post front is a no go ? - 11/20/16 03:15 AM

It's great watch stumps be careful, fishes are biting well. Boat limits today again.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum