Texas Fishing Forum

cant get them to bite

Posted By: wyatt c

cant get them to bite - 11/05/16 03:11 AM

at toledo bend ive seen it 4 times now, where the whites (i think they were whites, maybe hybrids, not sure) and yellow bass were schooling in a cove and it would last for hours and you couldnt hardly buy a bite. ive seen largemouth in the same place doing the same thing. we threw topwater crankbaits ratltraps jigging spoons, the whole nine yards and the only thing we had any luck on was A rigs with swim fluke jrs, and we only caught a handful on those. any tricks to get them to bite?
Posted By: Duma

Re: cant get them to bite - 11/05/16 05:06 AM

try A rig with willow blades.smaller bait(like crappie size bait) on the outer arms and a a larger bait on the center arm. They will not touch the ones with no flashing blades.
Posted By: Finaddict

Re: cant get them to bite - 11/05/16 01:06 PM

#2 Mepps silver Aglia. Hop it and they will hit on the fall.
Posted By: Andrew Taylor

Re: cant get them to bite - 11/05/16 03:26 PM

i think thats a million dollar question. ive been on schooling fish like that on the main lake a lot of different times where it would happen. Small bait, big bait, moving bait. flashy bait, you name it and they wont bite it, other than the one bait they are chasing. some days you can throw a dog turd at them and catch them on every cast
Posted By: wyatt c

Re: cant get them to bite - 11/05/16 03:39 PM

i think we saw one fellow catching a few yellow bass on the crappie jigs, didnt think about putting them on an a rig. ill look into the mepps. a dog turd roflmao
Posted By: sbond

Re: cant get them to bite - 11/06/16 03:53 PM

Mepps Aglia Original Plain Spinner #2 or #3 blade silver blade will work .Got 108 yesterday on lake lavon
Posted By: Capt. Michael Littlejohn

Re: cant get them to bite - 11/06/16 07:44 PM

When this happens always downsize your lure. All the way down to a 1/8th crappie jig with plastic tail.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum