Texas Fishing Forum

Made it to Whitney

Posted By: Duma

Made it to Whitney - 10/29/16 01:10 PM

At the island. First fish of the day trolling. 24.5" striperNo schooling activity yet.

The island.

Fish number 2

Posted By: fmclee

Re: Made it to Whitney - 10/29/16 01:15 PM

WE caught fish that size all morning Friday ....(until 1 pm)
Nice fish ...........
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: Made it to Whitney - 10/29/16 01:18 PM

You can catch fish anywhere, almighty Bruce. Good fish! cheers

Re: Made it to Whitney - 10/29/16 02:22 PM

north or south side?
Posted By: forsanmedic

Re: Made it to Whitney - 10/30/16 12:59 AM

Those will work!

Re: Made it to Whitney - 10/30/16 11:25 AM

Sorry guys. Phone battery was low. Had to turn it off. Striper fishing was slow at the island. I saw a total of 10 or more boat surrounding the island during the early morning hours. Some were live baiting,some were slabbing,and some including me were trolling. We saw lots of bait on wind blown points at the island where all the boats were but the stripers were not there. After a good couple of hours every one left the island and went else where to search for fish. I opt to head for the State Park on wind blown points and shore line. I observed lots of bait continued to be push on to this shore line promising predator fishes. We waited and waited but all we had was scattered white bass lying close to the bottom not actively chasing shads. Finally late evening hours arrived and the white bass started to suspend and actively feeding on school of shads. We caught a mess of them trolling pet spoons diving just below the boat at 10 fow in 25 fow. It was double every time we pass a school. We play with the white bass till the sun went down and call it a day. Total was 5 stripers and a mess of whites.

Very hard today decisions.
We are heading to Somerville now an decided to aborted our trip to lake FPH. Reason our tires blew and our spare tires were not in that great a shape. Also being Sunday there's no tire shop open. We don't want to chance be stranded with no other spare tires. Wll put in a report later for Somerville.

Re: Made it to Whitney - 10/30/16 11:32 AM

Excellent ..... Nice mess of fish .....
What did you think of Lake Whitney ?
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Made it to Whitney - 10/30/16 06:12 PM

Nice fish. thumb
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Made it to Whitney - 10/30/16 10:02 PM

Nice box of fish Bruce. Pep Boys has tires on sale at a good price.
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: Made it to Whitney - 10/31/16 07:59 PM

Great catch Bruce. Good to see you getting to visit some new lakes. Tell Brandon I miss him.

Re: Made it to Whitney - 10/31/16 09:32 PM

Play hooky from work today. Killing the hybrids today at Somerville. Limits of BIG whites yesterdy.

Re: Made it to Whitney - 10/31/16 09:37 PM

We working on them BIG whites right now. We limited out on hybrids like in 10 cast.

Re: Made it to Whitney - 10/31/16 09:59 PM

We tearing up the whites bass now. Nothing but 15 plus inchets whites.
Posted By: shark79

Re: Made it to Whitney - 10/31/16 10:29 PM

nice catch! You must be a fish eating fool!

Re: Made it to Whitney - 10/31/16 11:56 PM

Yep I'm a fish eating fool. I got 6 sisters and brother that will help me eat it. My wife got a bunch of them too. But any way enjoy the report. One little old Bruce ain't gonna deplete all the fish. And you know the rule. No pics it didn't happen.

Fish today bunch up in school every where. All big 15" whites and hybrids right along side of them.
Tossing deep diving crank bait with a three way swivel and teaser pet spoon trailering behind the crank bait absolutley kill the fish today. 10-15 fow.

Do not spot lock on top of a school. They will get spooked and move right away. Best tactic is to throw out a buoy. Anchor away from the school and throw deep diving crank bait with a big teaser pet spoon. The spoon catches 80% of the fish. This rig set up produces doubles hybrids and white bass hook ups. Fun Fun Fun. Whites had been feeding hard lately. Most crapps on the boat when landed. All hybrids are 22" and bigger. All with nice round belly's. Not skinny like last month. Try the slabs but was slow to hook up.

Posted By: beltonbill

Re: Made it to Whitney - 11/01/16 01:51 AM

Great job Bruce.

Re: Made it to Whitney - 11/01/16 03:49 AM

Originally Posted By: fmclee
Excellent ..... Nice mess of fish .....
What did you think of Lake Whitney ?

The wind was blowing hard so we didn't get to explore more of the lake,but we love it. Not to far from Houston. Will be going back again some time next year.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum