Texas Fishing Forum

Any Blazer Bay Owners?

Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Any Blazer Bay Owners? - 10/19/16 05:42 PM

I'm in the market for a new boat. One of the brands on my short list is Blazer Bay. I know I have seen some on area lakes. I would really appreciate some input from current and former owners of these boats. Thanks in advance for any input you might have.
Posted By: SALLYSUE

Re: Any Blazer Bay Owners? - 10/19/16 06:21 PM

I have one and luv it A very well built and thought out boat
Posted By: BrandoA

Re: Any Blazer Bay Owners? - 10/19/16 06:33 PM

Very good boat. Nice ride and well laid out.
Posted By: Chris Richardson

Re: Any Blazer Bay Owners? - 10/19/16 07:16 PM

Are you looking at a rolled gunnel model or one with a liner?

Re: Any Blazer Bay Owners? - 10/19/16 07:40 PM

Chris,

I am scheduled to look at a few used ones. One is a rolled gunnel 22' and one is a 21' with liner. To be perfectly honest I like the simplicity of most rolled gunnel boats. However, I know that with many manufacturers the rolled gunnel models are usually cheaper made. Not sure with blazer.

Re: Any Blazer Bay Owners? - 10/19/16 07:52 PM

rolled gunnel is the way to go

Re: Any Blazer Bay Owners? - 10/19/16 07:54 PM

My Blazer Bay didnt do that great this morning 7 shy a limit
Posted By: TCK73

Re: Any Blazer Bay Owners? - 10/19/16 07:56 PM

I have fished out of a couple of them, great boats. I believe I have seen Salsa post one on here he guides out of. I bet he could tell you real quick how they are with daily use.

Re: Any Blazer Bay Owners? - 10/19/16 08:58 PM

I own a Blazer Bay 2400 (rolled gunnel Texoma style), a Triton Sea Flight 22 (rolled gunnel) and a Blazer Bay 2020 (liner)

I've had the Blazer Bay 2400 for three years and have put 1,100 hours on it with our guide service. The most important factors to me in purchasing the boat were price point, fishable space, easy cleanup, and a dry ride. I'd say the Blazer did not disappoint in any of those categories. I haven't had a single issue with the construction of the boat that kept us off the water for a day. Salsa picked my brain for a year before purchasing his lol

I will agree that rolled gunnel boats don't typically have the finish details of the liner models and this is true with the Blazer. However, I consider these purely cosmetic. They are only visible in hidden areas like the interior of compartments. Also the gauges aren't premium and the console isn't much to look at, but again, that didn't matter to me. The hull is a little light but the trim tabs make a huge difference in choppy water.

Feel free to give me a call if you would like to discuss in further detail.

Also, the guys over at Blackbeard marine were a pleasure to work with and are very knowledgeable.

Re: Any Blazer Bay Owners? - 10/20/16 01:48 AM

Thanks for all of the input. It is greatly appreciated.
Posted By: etu

Re: Any Blazer Bay Owners? - 10/20/16 02:09 AM

[quote=Chris Richardson]I own a Blazer Bay 2400 (rolled gunnel Texoma style), a Triton Sea Flight 22 (rolled gunnel) and a Blazer Bay 2020 (liner)

SHOWOFF roflmao

Re: Any Blazer Bay Owners? - 10/20/16 01:30 PM

Originally Posted By: etu
[quote=Chris Richardson]I own a Blazer Bay 2400 (rolled gunnel Texoma style), a Triton Sea Flight 22 (rolled gunnel) and a Blazer Bay 2020 (liner)

SHOWOFF roflmao

And I still don't fish as much as you Ed blush

Thats a humble fleet in the guide world, but I'd take my ole Triton over just about any bay boat I've ever been in.
Posted By: Cigga

Re: Any Blazer Bay Owners? - 10/22/16 10:31 PM

I have a 2007 Blazer Bay 2220 center console rolled gunnel. Smooth dry ride. I've taken it out in 25 mph wind a few times and it handles it with no problems. Only complaint I have is the self bailing scupper holes. If you get a couple of big guys in the boat, the scupper holes drop below the water line and you will have an inch of water inside the boat when the boat is not moving. I just got 2 plugs to plug it up. I wonder if there are any scupper valves out there that will allow water out but not in.
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Any Blazer Bay Owners? - 10/23/16 12:58 AM

The scuppers are suppose to have a floating ball in them that seals them off when the boat is sitting still. I would replace the scuppers.
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: Any Blazer Bay Owners? - 10/23/16 03:37 AM

If your supper holes have the plastic flaps, you can replace them at Academy or marine stores. Or just plug em.
Posted By: Cigga

Re: Any Blazer Bay Owners? - 10/23/16 09:18 AM

Originally Posted By: CHAMPION FISH
The scuppers are suppose to have a floating ball in them that seals them off when the boat is sitting still. I would replace the scuppers.

Oh that's not normal? Thanks for pointing that out. I'll look into getting that replaced. I got plugs for it now. It's just a pain when you start landing fish and water start to slowly build up. To drain the water, the boat would have to be moving. Then unplug it so the water could drain. Then plug it back in.
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: Any Blazer Bay Owners? - 10/23/16 11:37 AM

Scuppers
Posted By: Koolaid

Re: Any Blazer Bay Owners? - 10/25/16 06:15 PM

I own a Blazer Bay 2400 Guide Series with rolled gunnel and I love it. Great boat to fish out of. 50plus mph and handle big waves, but yet very agile in the water. Overall, great boat so far.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum