Texas Fishing Forum

Advice for Navigating through Twak Timber

Posted By: FishWrangler2

Advice for Navigating through Twak Timber - 10/15/16 03:33 PM

Out on Twak trying to catch sandies, hybrids/striper. Any advice on navigating through all the flooded timber? Been having to deal with it for the past hour eek
Posted By: FishinTime

Re: Advice for Navigating through Twak Timber - 10/15/16 03:46 PM

Was told there's 5000 acres of treetops in the middle, be very very careful. Here's the best map I've found but I think it's close but not gospel.

STUMP MAP
Posted By: lenahorse

Re: Advice for Navigating through Twak Timber - 10/15/16 04:15 PM

Through the timber yes there is a trail but we do not do it, I don't know anyone who does. The trees are just starting to be visible again, all I can say is to go with somebody a few times who knows the lake is the best way. Several years ago my best friend and I were fishing a Saturday which we about never do and they were having a bass tournament we saw 2 boats sunk and 1-2 more run aground. There are some bad areas to avoid. Be careful.
Fishing is so good now you don't need to go there anyway.
Posted By: acfatcat

Re: Advice for Navigating through Twak Timber - 10/15/16 09:31 PM

I run the lanes and never had issues.
Posted By: Capt. Michael Littlejohn

Re: Advice for Navigating through Twak Timber - 10/15/16 11:55 PM

Best advice is to stay away from the timber. It's really dangerous right now since it's only inches out of the water or inches below the water.

I watched three bass boats run 60+ through the timber. Looks like one guy really hit a stump hard..
Posted By: TCK73

Re: Advice for Navigating through Twak Timber - 10/16/16 12:35 AM

Stay away I say. I have been on a few trips with a certain guide there, and he always points out when someone is running in the wrong places and shakes his head. I take his advice, pay attention, ask questions, and run my boat where I know it is clear. There are a lot of places there I have not been and would like to check out someday, it will be at an idle when I do.
Posted By: FishBeeLowMe

Re: Advice for Navigating through Twak Timber - 10/16/16 12:47 PM

I did not know there was timber in Lake Tawakoni..........Ahhhhh stay out of the trees. Fish the edges, runN the timber = boat damage. Lots of spots to fish and catch!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum