Texas Fishing Forum

It's certainly not hard to find the little fish on Lavon right now

Posted By: Frank the Tank

It's certainly not hard to find the little fish on Lavon right now - 09/30/16 07:49 PM

Seeing tons of 3-5 inch sandies, they're everywhere, but having trouble locating larger fish that want to bite. Found 2 huge schools of the smaller fish and they schooled chasing tiny shad for hours. Graph was just COVERED up with fish. Any advice will be appreciated.
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: It's certainly not hard to find the little fish on Lavon right now - 10/01/16 04:58 AM

ScottyP and I were out 4 to 7. Yeah the front changed the pattern on me cuz the fish were not at the spots I caught then the last 3 trips. Not surprising. So had to work and check more spots and did found a few small clusters of good fish but they didn't stay around for long. The front has scattered the fish on me. Lake was glass smooth and pretty today and did saw the small fish chasing shad sporadically all over the lake. Caught about 20 total with half good keepers sandies. Air temp felt great and the German beer Scotty brought and shared was good beer smile The best spot was at hybrid point in 14 fow, roaming. Good luck!

Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: It's certainly not hard to find the little fish on Lavon right now - 10/01/16 08:29 AM

Any day out is a good day.
Posted By: don the angler

Re: It's certainly not hard to find the little fish on Lavon right now - 10/01/16 10:07 AM

You did well Todd. Calm waters are sometimes difficult.
Posted By: Coachzee

Re: It's certainly not hard to find the little fish on Lavon right now - 10/01/16 03:22 PM

Way to go Scotty and Todd!

Re: It's certainly not hard to find the little fish on Lavon right now - 10/01/16 05:47 PM

Originally Posted By: SeaPro-Todd
ScottyP and I were out 4 to 7. Yeah the front changed the pattern on me cuz the fish were not at the spots I caught then the last 3 trips. Not surprising. So had to work and check more spots and did found a few small clusters of good fish but they didn't stay around for long. The front has scattered the fish on me. Lake was glass smooth and pretty today and did saw the small fish chasing shad sporadically all over the lake. Caught about 20 total with half good keepers sandies. Air temp felt great and the German beer Scotty brought and shared was good beer smile The best spot was at hybrid point in 14 fow, roaming. Good luck!

Thanks SPT, I think I maybe was getting sucked into the trap of fishing too shallow with all the small fish, hoping a few bigger ones might bite below them, instead of moving out to deeper water and finding a smaller school of bigger fish that may be nearby or leaving them all together. Just hard to leave fish to find fish sometimes.
Posted By: sbond

Re: It's certainly not hard to find the little fish on Lavon right now - 10/01/16 06:04 PM

+1 on Hybrid point found 16 to 20 ft. had larger fish to 16 inches caught 75 yesterday

Re: It's certainly not hard to find the little fish on Lavon right now - 10/01/16 06:15 PM

I must have been wrong place, wrong time. They were boiling the water right by the Lavonia ramp and I spent to much time with em. I saw 3 boats on Hybrid point, but they all took off before I got there. I think I am learning that I just need to keep hitting spots until I find a biting school of bigger fish.
Posted By: SteveStrasemeier

Re: It's certainly not hard to find the little fish on Lavon right now - 10/01/16 10:29 PM

Seems to be the situation on a lot of lakes I fish. Texoma, Whitney and Richland Chambers. Easy to find the small fish just have to grind it out until you find the bigger ones. I don't recall seeing this many small fish in these lakes, must have had a great spring spawn. What will winter and next spring be like?
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: It's certainly not hard to find the little fish on Lavon right now - 10/02/16 01:23 AM

Originally Posted By: sbond
+1 on Hybrid point found 16 to 20 ft. had larger fish to 16 inches caught 75 yesterday
That's good to know. What was the timeframe? Thanks.
Posted By: sbond

Re: It's certainly not hard to find the little fish on Lavon right now - 10/02/16 03:08 AM

12 noon to 5
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum