Texas Fishing Forum

Any Lake Lewisville reports?

Posted By: Cigga

Any Lake Lewisville reports? - 09/14/16 01:59 AM

I will be having family coming in from out of town this week for my brother's wedding. I will be taking some of them and my Dad fishing Friday and Monday. I really want to get them on some fish since its their first time on my boat and they really don't fish much. Its been a while since I fished Lewisville cause my boat is stored at Texoma. Any tips on what lures to use and area to concentrate on? Thanks.
Posted By: Jacky Wiggins

Re: Any Lake Lewisville reports? - 09/14/16 02:57 AM

Pm sent. I have trips on Lewisivile Thursday and Saturday mornings. I'll let you know if I Find any hot spots. Good luck.

Re: Any Lake Lewisville reports? - 09/14/16 04:57 AM

Thanks
Posted By: Bassthumb: Phill's Guide Svc

Re: Any Lake Lewisville reports? - 09/14/16 09:12 PM

lots of white bass under birds south of the little elm bridge in the mornings. be there around 8-830 and look for the birds. they have been there almost every day the past month.

Re: Any Lake Lewisville reports? - 09/14/16 10:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Bassthumb
lots of white bass under birds south of the little elm bridge in the mornings. be there around 8-830 and look for the birds. they have been there almost every day the past month.

8-830? Makes me feel better if we over sleep. Thanks. We will be launching from little elm too. Just hoping that it will just stay cloudy and won't rain. Fingers crossed.

Re: Any Lake Lewisville reports? - 09/16/16 07:51 PM

Launch from little elm around 730 am. Sandbass was schooling all over the place south of the little elm bridge near the white house. Stopped around 9. Drove all over the lake with no luck. Decided to call it a day and started to head back to the dock. Found birds working at Deadman point. Magnum sandbasses and a under hybrid at 17.5 inches. If anyone hook into a big hybrid that that has a Abu garcia vendetta 7ft rod with a curado baitcaster, it belongs to me. Caught close to 40 sandbass. Thanks for the tip guys. May try again Monday to look for my rod and reel.
Posted By: Jacky Wiggins

Re: Any Lake Lewisville reports? - 09/16/16 09:16 PM

Glad it worked out for you.

Re: Any Lake Lewisville reports? - 09/20/16 04:10 AM

Fishing was tougher this morning on lewisville. Sandbass weren't schooling as much as they did on friday. When they did, didn't last very long. I mainly stayed in the area south of the little elm bridge. I guess i left my electronics on since friday so my battries was dead. No fish finder or gps.only had 3 keepers. Lots of dinks.
Posted By: Chaparro75

Re: Any Lake Lewisville reports? - 09/25/16 12:43 AM

Are they still in the general area? Got some friends I'm taking out tomorrow and would love to get them on some fish.

Re: Any Lake Lewisville reports? - 09/25/16 03:42 AM

I haven't been there since monday, but my guess is they will still be there. Especially since it will be cloudy tomorrow. Good luck. Let us know how you do.

Re: Any Lake Lewisville reports? - 09/30/16 10:07 PM

Did okay.
Didn't find the sand bass.
Posted By: SheldonMOAC

Re: Any Lake Lewisville reports? - 10/01/16 01:08 AM

thumb

Re: Any Lake Lewisville reports? - 10/01/16 04:31 AM

Good job. Went tues. Sandies and hybrids were schooling. Just followed the birds. Hybrids weren't big though. All unders.

Re: Any Lake Lewisville reports? - 10/02/16 04:03 AM

Headed that way in the morning hope I can catch something.

Re: Any Lake Lewisville reports? - 10/02/16 07:07 AM

Originally Posted By: Chaparro75
Headed that way in the morning hope I can catch something.

Good luck. Let us know how you do. My boat is back at Texoma so itll be a while before I can fish Lewisville again. Especially since ill be in Europe for 2 weeks here in a couple of weeks. May try to fish texoma couple of times before we take off.

Re: Any Lake Lewisville reports? - 10/02/16 11:17 PM

Slow. They came up once boats swarmed and they went down. That was about it five sandbass. One largemouth. Is it a good time to fish texoma? this time of year Galveston is usually calling my name but I ran out of vacation days.
Posted By: tgravley aka lewisvillecatfish

Re: Any Lake Lewisville reports? - 10/02/16 11:21 PM

17 inch hybrids were good from sunup for about an hour and a half. Had to follow them to stay hooked up. Around 32 ft.

Re: Any Lake Lewisville reports? - 10/03/16 12:42 AM

Originally Posted By: Chaparro75
Slow. They came up once boats swarmed and they went down. That was about it five sandbass. One largemouth. Is it a good time to fish texoma? this time of year Galveston is usually calling my name but I ran out of vacation days.

Atleast you didn't get skunked. I haven't fished Texoma for 2 weeks now, but it has been tough. For me atleast. Sandbass has been hit or miss and stripers are small but there are tons of them. The bigger stipers we've caught this year so far was a 4 pounder and a 6 pounder couple of months ago on a foggy morning. But those were the only fish we caught that day. No bites after that. Hoping fishing will get better after water temps get cooler. I really want to make a trip down to the coast before I leave for Europe but no time.

Re: Any Lake Lewisville reports? - 10/17/16 01:39 AM

Originally Posted By: tgravley aka lewisvillecatfish
17 inch hybrids were good from sunup for about an hour and a half. Had to follow them to stay hooked up. Around 32 ft.
Posted By: beltonbill

Re: Any Lake Lewisville reports? - 10/17/16 12:31 PM

What kind of white bass are those? Is that what the new hybrids will look like?

Re: Any Lake Lewisville reports? - 10/19/16 03:39 AM

There's a big sandbass on the right.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum