Texas Fishing Forum

Spider Rigs

Posted By: Bob Landry

Spider Rigs - 09/11/16 10:47 PM

I haven't tried trolling with a spider rig but I would like to try it. What are the most effective baits to rig it with? Newbie @ hybrids and white bass.
Posted By: Duma

Re: Spider Rigs - 09/11/16 11:05 PM

I killed them yesterday on ones with flashing blades. Power bait shad imitation is what I was using. Comes pre rig with hooks . Add necessary wieght to get it down and troll it right thru a school. Small bait on the outer arms. Bigger bait on the center arm. Hybrids will hit the bigger bait.White's would hit big or small. They are ferocious little fish. You'll catch two,three at a time with that set ups. Try slabbing first. If they refuse to bite then use the rigs.
Posted By: Bob Landry

Re: Spider Rigs - 09/12/16 12:36 AM

What is slabbing? I told you I'ma newbie at stripers..
Posted By: TCK73

Re: Spider Rigs - 09/12/16 12:50 AM

Originally Posted By: Bob Landry

Get you a slab spoon of your choice, (Moe's Tackle Shop has some good ones) and let it down to the fishes depth and work it up and down. You will have to work at it some to find how they like it presented. Lots of fun. Nekid Tackle makes some good A-Rigs for the swimbaits as well.

Re: Spider Rigs - 09/12/16 01:01 AM

BTW spider rigs aren't cheap. Get you a snag a lure retriever. You will get snag and you gonna wish you had a lure retriever. If you get snagged a lot just shorten your troll line distance. If you added too much wieght remove some.
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Spider Rigs - 09/12/16 02:10 AM

I really don't recommend spider rigging for sandies and/ or hybirds. They will make a mess of your equipment. You will have a tangled mess in no time.
Posted By: TCK73

Re: Spider Rigs - 09/12/16 02:41 AM

I think they are actually calling A-Rigs spider rigs. I could be wrong though.

Re: Spider Rigs - 09/12/16 11:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Bob Landry

Slabbing would be your go to method for catching whites,stripes,and hybrids. Trouble free quick and cheap if you happen to loose a few. Do your self a favor. Hire a guide to shorten your learning curb or ask some one on the forum if you can tag along and really see the full benefit of a slab at work.
Posted By: FishermenDesigns

Re: Spider Rigs - 09/16/16 07:06 PM

Bruce, what kind of fish finder do you have? Thanks!

Re: Spider Rigs - 09/16/16 08:21 PM

Originally Posted By: FishermenDesigns
Bruce, what kind of fish finder do you have? Thanks!

I got the Hummin bird 1199. Love it for the fact that it is very user friendly. But if you are a tech savy guy Lowrance probably a better choice.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum