Texas Fishing Forum

2, 132, 50, 48

Posted By: don the angler

2, 132, 50, 48 - 08/29/16 12:25 PM

What are these numbers? Fished 4 out out the last 6 days on LL & landed this many.

2... It was last Tuesday. I spend an hour cleaning the boat interior and thought why not put her in the water. My excuse is the wind. It was white capping & difficult to stay on the regular fishing spots. Caught the two fish & called it a day. At least I was not skunked.

132...Wednesday. Went with a friend & the fish were on the entire time. They never moved & we just landed one after the other. About 30% were the undersized hybrids with 2 of them over the 18 inch size. I just knew we had the catching problem solved. See the next entry.

50...Saturday. Had a father & his 2 children on the trip. I knew it was going to be a great trip due to the Wednesday experience. Not. The entire area from Wednesday was devoid of any life from what I could tell. So, began the search for some active fish. It took a couple of hours of looking with my customers getting restless & doubting my guiding ability (I was wondering the same thing). Finally we found some fish on a large flats area that were willing to take a lure. They were in 10-15 of water & not staying put. We would catch a few & then search some more. Luckily, they did not move far. The customers were finally satisfied & were ready to head into the shore. 50 sounds good, but only 16 were keepers.

48...Sunday. This was the most satisfying day by far. I had Doug & Jacob as my guests. We tried last Wednesday's spot first & it was still dead except the big buffalo that Jacob landed on his first cast. Next, we stopped @ Twin Tree Point & found a huge school of whites in 20 feet of water. Caught a couple of small ones & they were gone. Could not find them again. Then tried Saturday's spot without much luck. I remembered a spot that is good in August- September & went there. It is a good thing as it saved the day. The gulls were there, but hey were just resting on the water. The whites were roaming around in 10-20 feet of water, but they were easier to keep up with this time. There were some magnums mixed within the schools. The slab was the lure of choice. Had a slab jig combo on one rig and never got a fish on the jig. We started & 7 AM & went in about 10:30 It was catch & release, so I did not get to clean any fish & I did not complain.

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: 2, 132, 50, 48 - 08/29/16 12:54 PM

Nice post with some nice fish. Thanks for sharing. thumb
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: 2, 132, 50, 48 - 08/29/16 12:58 PM

I enjoy you're telling like it is reports, Don. Sounds like a good week in my book thumb thumb
Posted By: I love fishing

Re: 2, 132, 50, 48 - 08/29/16 04:20 PM

Don great report. I have fished Lewisville for a while now. If work will allowed love to try Lewisville out again. Thanks
Posted By: Capt. Mac

Re: 2, 132, 50, 48 - 08/29/16 06:55 PM

Nice work Don!
Good looking boat you got there also, I mean, its not a Jon boat but... roflmao
Posted By: LipRip

Re: 2, 132, 50, 48 - 09/02/16 02:13 PM

thumb
Nice job!
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: 2, 132, 50, 48 - 09/05/16 05:11 PM

Very nice Don. I need to get over to LL and fish sometime.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum