Texas Fishing Forum

hi-visibility fishing lines for whites and strippers and amounts

Posted By: Dusty Rivers

hi-visibility fishing lines for whites and strippers and amounts - 08/05/16 11:54 PM

hi-visibility fishing line seem to be accepted for catfishing, but what about using it for white bass and strippers?

How much line do you put on your freshwater stripper reels?
Posted By: TCK73

Re: hi-visibility fishing lines for whites and strippers and amounts - 08/06/16 12:14 AM

I have never tried hi vis for strippers, but have done well with dollar bills and extremely well with 20's. They like as much line as possible. J/K cheers

I have never tried hi vis for whites and stripers, but have noticed a better bite when I use a mono leader under braid. They bit with the braid all the way to the jig, but better with a mono leader. It may just be me thinking this, but its what I am confident using. With this said, I would thing the bright line may make a difference. Somebody surely has tried it and may chime in.
Posted By: Kayak-Hooligan

Re: hi-visibility fishing lines for whites and strippers and amounts - 08/06/16 01:22 AM

strippers, I like to slap them with dollar bills, they don't care. but for whites and stripers they don't care what line it is either as long as they are hungry. line doesn't matter.
Posted By: sandbassassassin.

Re: hi-visibility fishing lines for whites and strippers and amounts - 08/06/16 01:35 AM

I agree with TKC73. I definitely get more bites with a mono leader on my braid. Yes, they'll bite with straight braid but I get three times more bites with a mono leader. It doesn't take much either. A foot or two is plenty.
Posted By: skeeter22

Re: hi-visibility fishing lines for whites and strippers and amounts - 08/06/16 01:36 AM

Strippers have heard every line in the book.
Posted By: jbobo

Re: hi-visibility fishing lines for whites and strippers and amounts - 08/06/16 02:36 AM

I use a high vis fluorescent green( looks sort of yellowish green on the spool) for leaders 2 ft. to 4 ft. long, most of the time, with 20 lb. fluorocarbon or 40 lb. big game for main line. When they are feeding it doesn't make a lot of difference except in really clear water. I need to experiment some more with the fluorocarbon line to the rig with out the high vis. Something is making it where I can't catch many fish lately. lol
Posted By: Els1783

Re: hi-visibility fishing lines for whites and strippers and amounts - 08/06/16 05:14 AM

I use a 3-4 ft florocarbon leader. For hybrids or white bass it doesn't seem to matter much if it is florocarbon or mono. Stripers seem to be more picky, especially in clear water, florocarbon works better in my opinion
Posted By: Dusty Rivers

Re: hi-visibility fishing lines for whites and strippers and amounts - 08/06/16 02:12 PM

I'm talking about the ones that strip the line, not the other ones! hammer
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum