Texas Fishing Forum

Surprised at the accuracy of the Sonar Phone yesterday.

Posted By: Timmychanga

Surprised at the accuracy of the Sonar Phone yesterday. - 08/03/16 11:23 AM

When the water is hot and the fishing is slow here in Abilene at Lake Fort Phantom Hill, we sit and shoot the bull with our eyes on the Sonar with our WiFi connected T-Box, trolling. Others will watch their phones and me my Samsung dash mounted tablet. When we see a stack of Hybrid Bass as we pass them trolling we go to the "all hands on the rod" mode. Many boats spent more money and less time catching fish than we do.I am impressed with the accuracy of this finder. I'm not putting down other systems but man for the money and being able to run around the bat and still watch the sonar it's great.

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Surprised at the accuracy of the Sonar Phone yesterday. - 08/03/16 12:40 PM

Nice fish and post! Good job. cheers
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Surprised at the accuracy of the Sonar Phone yesterday. - 08/03/16 03:06 PM

I have the T-box also and have the app on several mobile devices--Android and iOS.

Do you do the Navionics Sonar Charts Live with it also? I do.

The iPad in this picture has the original Sonarphone app that was changed to match the Android version:

Re: Surprised at the accuracy of the Sonar Phone yesterday. - 08/03/16 04:40 PM

I use my gps on my lowrance to do my maps and use my sonic for sonar only.
Posted By: DryBass

Re: Surprised at the accuracy of the Sonar Phone yesterday. - 08/04/16 04:54 PM

I am headed to Fort Phantom this weekend with my Dad. We would like to catch some hydrids. What tips can you give me for bait, water depth and structure?
Posted By: DryBass

Re: Surprised at the accuracy of the Sonar Phone yesterday. - 08/04/16 04:55 PM

Or any tips for Crappie was well.

Re: Surprised at the accuracy of the Sonar Phone yesterday. - 08/05/16 07:28 PM

Originally Posted By: DryBass
I am headed to Fort Phantom this weekend with my Dad. We would like to catch some hydrids. What tips can you give me for bait, water depth and structure?

The fishing is real slow right now and I am lucky if I can catch more than 6 over 18". The water temperature being what it is we have been going to 20-22 feet by the north east ramp at the dam. They bite in the evening starts usually around 6 pm . If ya see me follow me or Scott's tri-toon. I don't mind. Chartreuse XD trolling has been the ticket. The smaller fish have been hitting silver slabs and are fun if ya want to catch a bunch but they won't be keepers. I went late yesterday and caught over 30 playing with the slab. Another friend Paul did catch a 19" on a slab over in his boat but I know him well and it was an accident LOL.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum