Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Tyler Help!

Posted By: Windbreaker

Lake Tyler Help! - 08/01/16 07:58 PM

Anybody fish lake Tyler for whites and hybrids that could offer some help?

I fish RC, but heading over to Lake Tyler to meet up with some friends and figured I would bring the boat along with me. Figured I get as much help as I could before I head over.
Posted By: Mo

Re: Lake Tyler Help! - 08/01/16 08:14 PM

Last time I checked , Lake Tyler had neither species.

Crappie or green trash fish would be your best options.

MO
Posted By: Lake Side Lures

Re: Lake Tyler Help! - 08/02/16 12:50 AM

Lake Tyler has Whites but never seen a hybrid troll and look for bait balls and you will find them.

Re: Lake Tyler Help! - 08/02/16 02:24 PM

Any specific areas I should start? I can find humps and points no problem. Was looking for more specific spots.
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: Lake Tyler Help! - 08/03/16 12:35 AM

Tyler does both white bass and hybrids in it. I have never caught a legal hybrid. Everything has been undersized. The white bass tend to move around so just check humps and points. All of the hybrids have been caught trolling points and humps.
Posted By: Jeezy

Re: Lake Tyler Help! - 08/03/16 05:44 AM

It seems like the white bass population has gone down quite a bit in the last couple years, granted I haven't fished it much this year. Three years ago there were giant sandies everywhere.
Posted By: stewage

Re: Lake Tyler Help! - 08/03/16 11:55 PM

Originally Posted By: CoachCBA
It seems like the white bass population has gone down quite a bit in the last couple years, granted I haven't fished it much this year. Three years ago there were giant sandies everywhere.

Lake Tyler doesn't have any year round rivers or streams feeding it(that I am aware of) like most of the big lakes in the area, so they tend to have issues spawning. It is also possible that a lot of them went over the spillway as well, with the lake being up so high both this year and last year.

But there are certainly fish there, I see them schooling from time to time, both on the sonar and breaking the surface, and have caught a few heavy sandies over the past few years. I don't target them out there though, so what I do catch are mostly incidentals.

Re: Lake Tyler Help! - 08/04/16 03:37 PM

Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum