Texas Fishing Forum

Cedar Creek Wipers

Posted By: HuknBull67

Cedar Creek Wipers - 07/31/16 02:58 PM

Greetings All,

I took a job last year up in the Dallas area and rented a house on Cedar Creek ( Malakoff Area ). I love the city money, just not the city life...lol. I keep my boat down on Toledo Bend, but after we moved here and the lake came up enough to get water under the boat house, I decided to bring my boat up here for a few weeks.
We bass fished and caught a few and some crappie as well. We did find a massive school of wipers blowing up a huge shad ball under the boat in about 20'. So we broke out the DD22's and went to work. Managed to catch about 9-10 and these were the largest of the bunch. Since then, I have taken my boat back to TB and there it will remain aside from the trip to Rayburn every now and again.
Here are a couple of pics from that day.

Peace and Bent Rods

Dale
Posted By: Cast

Re: Cedar Creek Wipers - 07/31/16 03:50 PM

Very nice.
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Cedar Creek Wipers - 07/31/16 04:49 PM

I never heard them called wipers.
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: Cedar Creek Wipers - 07/31/16 05:10 PM

Nice wipers! I know the upper Midwest calls hybrids wipers. Is that where ur from, Dale?
Posted By: HuknBull67

Re: Cedar Creek Wipers - 07/31/16 05:31 PM

Naw, I am a web footed swamp runner from DeRidder Louisiana. I know the locals here call them wipers because they are a hybrid cross of some kind...lol

Peace and Bent Rods

Dale
Posted By: TCK73

Re: Cedar Creek Wipers - 07/31/16 06:44 PM

Originally Posted By: CHAMPION FISH
I never heard them called wipers.

My friends in Kansas call them that, It always makes me laugh.
Posted By: jbobo

Re: Cedar Creek Wipers - 07/31/16 07:42 PM

The folks in the Midwest do call them wiper, white bass/striper cross. Most of the normal folks do anyway. It took me a few seconds during a conversation with one guy, to realize what he meant when he said wiper. I had a couple of guys say it is a derogatory term for a temperate species of fish. To each their own I guess.
Nice hybrid pics anyway.
Posted By: Cigga

Re: Cedar Creek Wipers - 07/31/16 09:28 PM

I found out couple of years ago, people in the northeast I believe, calls stripers rock fish. I was bank fishing and a fellow angler walking by asked if I caught anything. I replied, just a bunch of rock fish. He got all excited and started asking me how big they were and wanted to see the ones I caught. Then i proceeded to say that I was referring to me snagging rocks with my lure. Lol. Then after laughing about it he told me where he came from, they call stripers rock fish.
Posted By: Chris Richardson

Re: Cedar Creek Wipers - 08/01/16 01:22 PM

Nice Fish!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Cedar Creek Wipers - 08/01/16 05:21 PM

Nice fish! thumb
Posted By: RonL

Re: Cedar Creek Wipers - 08/01/16 05:32 PM

Couple nice bass ! Are they stocking all lakes in East Texas with hybreds and stripers now . What about just plain ole LMB ?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum